To eat FAT or Not to eat FAT ? - that is the question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny105

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
There are 2 prongs to the issue of fat and diabetics, I guess. One is weight loss. One is health.
On the issue of weight loss I suddenly lost 1 1/2 stone over 6m. Leading to a weight of 81/2 stone @ height of 5 ' 2 ish.
On the issue of health Ive watched my in take and using cholesterol reducing fats for years , when possible.
Sooooooooo do I eat a bit more fat than I have been eating to keep my weight steady eg I had egg ,bacon & mushrooms x 2 on my hols, Or must I still struggle with reduced fats for specific diabetic health reasons?
At the moment Im being treated as type 2 , with possible link to Type 1.5. ........
This might be a question for my nurse but if anyone has experience of this unusual weight issue I'd be interested
PS I walk/jog for an hour 5x a week with my dog and swim the other 2 days,

The same question has been on other members's minds recently.
You may find this thread interesting/useful/more confusing/all three?
I missed that thread. I think there's away for me to go amongst those answers. I have a fairly high exercise/movement regime I might need a bit more carb (b4 exercise) and a little more carefully chosen fats. As i recall My nurse did mention not going for low sugar items because of the extra fat. TA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back