Tireness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacquegems

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone I am new to this forum. Having been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes about 6 wks ago at the age of 64 was a bit of a shock. The tireness I have been struggling with big time, I could sleep the clock round. I have been started on metaforum (sp) a slow release one as the first didn’t agree with me. Do anyone know when this tireness will pass
thank you

Having high blood sugars (over 10) can cause tiredness and a heavy feeling - are your sugars high?

Hi everyone I am new to this forum. Having been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes about 6 wks ago at the age of 64 was a bit of a shock. The tireness I have been struggling with big time, I could sleep the clock round. I have been started on metaforum (sp) a slow release one as the first didn’t agree with me. Do anyone know when this tireness will pass
thank you
Constant tiredness is a classic symptom of high blood glucose and as @Tdm says, if your level is in single figures then things should improve. However, what are you doing to start bringing your levels down, eg in terms of diet?

Constant tiredness is a classic symptom of high blood glucose and as @Tdm says, if your level is in single figures then things should improve. However, what are you doing to start bringing your levels down, eg in terms of diet?
I don’t know what my glucose levels are. I have changed my diet watching what sugar is in my food and I play golf a lot but have now added Walking football

Just in case you aren't aware, its not just sugars, but the total carbohyrate count you need to watch, as starchs just get broken down into sugars....so its not just sweets things, but breads, potatos, pasta, crisps etc etc
You may find it useful to get a simple blood sugar monitor to see how you are doing..i'm t1 but sure some t2s will be along to advice further

I don’t know what my glucose levels are. I have changed my diet watching what sugar is in my food and I play golf a lot but have now added Walking football
Good to hear your doing more excercise, thats a good move and will help a lot

Gentle exercise helps (I walk & swim). However, without knowing what your glucose level is it's difficult to work out how much you need to cut out or cut back from your diet. Do you know what your HbA1c was when you were diagnosed?

Just in case you aren't aware, its not just sugars, but the total carbohyrate count you need to watch, as starchs just get broken down into sugars....so its not just sweets things, but breads, potatos, pasta, crisps etc etc
You may find it useful to get a simple blood sugar monitor to see how you are doing..i'm t1 but sure some t2s will be along to advice further
Thk you for your feedback

Gentle exercise helps (I walk & swim). However, without knowing what your glucose level is it's difficult to work out how much you need to cut out or cut back from your diet. Do you know what your HbA1c was when you were diagnosed?
I think that was the one that was 77

If you had a1c of 77 that would mean your blood sugars are quite high and, yes, that would cause tiredness. Bring then down and you should feel better

I think that was the one that was 77
It's best if you bring your levels down slowly though. Bringing them down too too quickly can cause other problems. You might find a BG monitor useful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back