Tiredness

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiabeticJames

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have been struggling for sometime now, I feel zapped day to day, feels a total effort to do anything.

Spoke to diabetic nurse on hope of going onto dulaglutide again and said I was struggling, self tested bloods for a week and all come back within 5-7 range but no real spikes, was on dulaglutide previously pre xmas and found had loads of energy while on but was keen to come off the injections as hoped or set a plan in my mind that I'd wish to try and control with diet and exercise alone, I'm still on metformin atm.

Feel my diet hasn't changed much since was on dulaglutide, still very low carb but have no idea if I've gone too far the other way with that, just seem no matter how much sleep I have, has little to no change.

I'm snappy and find it hard to think staight especially with the noise of family life, have two kids, one of which is autistic and one due in 3 weeks and have no idea how I'm going to cope with all that a newborn brings as totally struggling atm and not sure if there is any solution

Have you had obvious things like anaemia and vitamin deficiencies ruled out @DiabeticJames ? That sounds trivial but you’d be surprised how much deficiencies can affect you.

Are you keeping well hydrated? Are you sleeping well? If you’ve ruled out obvious things then it would be sensible to speak to your GP and see if you can get some basic checks, especially with a new baby on the way!

Have you had obvious things like anaemia and vitamin deficiencies ruled out @DiabeticJames ? That sounds trivial but you’d be surprised how much deficiencies can affect you.

Are you keeping well hydrated? Are you sleeping well? If you’ve ruled out obvious things then it would be sensible to speak to your GP and see if you can get some basic checks, especially with a new baby on the way!
Thank you for suggestion, will definitely look into that, is this something easy to find out? Sorry to ask.

I will speak to gp in the hope to find a solution thank you

Thank you for suggestion, will definitely look into that, is this something easy to find out? Sorry to ask.

I will speak to gp in the hope to find a solution thank you

A blood test can look for anaemia and deficiencies of Vit D and some of the B vitamins. I was surprised at how much better I felt with some Vitamin D over the Winter months.

So, you can either experiment with good quality vitamins inc iron and zinc and see if things improve, or you can see if you can have some blood tests to rule out anything obvious.

A blood test can look for anaemia and deficiencies of Vit D and some of the B vitamins. I was surprised at how much better I felt with some Vitamin D over the Winter months.

So, you can either experiment with good quality vitamins inc iron and zinc and see if things improve, or you can see if you can have some blood tests to rule out anything obvious.
Thank you will give this a go and see if this helps, thank you for taking time to reply, much appreciated

Just a thought maybe worth checking your Thyroid function. I felt incredibly tired and found it hard to think straight before i was diagnosed with underactive Thyroid. Improved very soon after i was given drugs to correct my levels. It's not unusual for Diabetics to have Thyroid problems too.

Just a thought maybe worth checking your Thyroid function. I felt incredibly tired and found it hard to think straight before i was diagnosed with underactive Thyroid. Improved very soon after i was given drugs to correct my levels. It's not unusual for Diabetics to have Thyroid problems too.
Thank you, will look into this, speak to gp and get some bloods done and see what comes. Thank you

And get iron checked and vitamin b12, they are linked. Metformin can stop you absorbing vitamins as can high strength anti acids .

Hope you get to the bottom of things @DiabeticJames

And congratulations on the soon-to-be arrival of #3 😛

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back