tiredness

Status
Not open for further replies.

bev

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi all,

Lately, Alex has been very sleepy in the mornings - this is something out of character as he normally is awake early and jumps out of bed - is this a symptom of diabetes? I am having to coax him out of bed and he just wants to stay put - he goes to bed at 9pm - so he is having enough sleep for a 12 year old. Any ideas? All his blood work came back fine. Thanks.🙂

It could be hormones - but other than slightly oily hair he isnt showing any other signs really.🙂Bev

He's becoming a teenager =) lol bed is the most important thing- least it was for me x

Last edited:
Yep, I agree with lou 😛

Unless he has mentioned not feeling right? I presume you dont need to worry too much if his bloods came back fine as it would rule out thyroid and anemia etc... probably just the normal joys of living with a teenager (i loved my bed) lol 🙄

Hi all,

Lately, Alex has been very sleepy in the mornings - this is something out of character as he normally is awake early and jumps out of bed - is this a symptom of diabetes? I am having to coax him out of bed and he just wants to stay put - he goes to bed at 9pm - so he is having enough sleep for a 12 year old. Any ideas? All his blood work came back fine. Thanks.🙂

It could be hormones - but other than slightly oily hair he isnt showing any other signs really.🙂Bev

I agree with what other people have said, if he's 12 its probably just the teenager thing lol, or it could be if he's getting TOO MUCH sleep, that can make you groggy in the mornings I think x

When he was a teenager, by big boy could sleep for England and then some. Most teenagers do.

He's turning into a bloke lol, make sure he is fed and watered he will be fine.

Oh and don't forget to wake him up for the footy:D

Agree with everyone else - growing up takes a lot out of you! Hope that's all it is Bev, maybe he'll be different on the holiday as there will be so many exciting things to get up for! :D

Teenage male syndrome Bev! We don't like to be woken, have aversions to light and communicate solely in grunts. Tastes in music will degenerate and metal will become prevalent!

It's probably just becoming a teenager and the fact he's growing which'll do that. I sleep like a baby and struggle hugley to get out of bed here at uni.

Tom

I agree with the others, it's the start of the terrible teenage terror. You'll start finding penicillin farms under the bed, with socks and underwear so stiff they can stand on their own littered all over the bedroom floor*. There'll be a regression to neanderthal level as far as language skills and table manners are concerned. There will also be a huge increase in IQ with the rest of the household becoming correspondingly more stupid.

*I suggest you buy a hazmat suit and a portable oxygen tank to use when entering the creature's den.

Congratulations, your son is growing up.:D

I agree with the others, it's the start of the terrible teenage terror. You'll start finding penicillin farms under the bed, with socks and underwear so stiff they can stand on their own littered all over the bedroom floor*. There'll be a regression to neanderthal level as far as language skills and table manners are concerned. There will also be a huge increase in IQ with the rest of the household becoming correspondingly more stupid.

*I suggest you buy a hazmat suit and a portable oxygen tank to use when entering the creature's den.

Congratulations, your son is growing up.

Oh Joy......🙄🙂Thanks everyone for your replies. I know your all probably right - but he still looks like a baby.😱🙂Bev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back