Tinnitus remedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drummer

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I thought it might be OK to post this in the general message board section, as quite a few people seem to suffer.
The noise in my ears has been really getting me down recently, after having that nasty cold which has been going around and I have been coughing since before Christmas it gradually built up and up.
After searching on Youtube for any possible help there is a good upload from a fellow advising doing mouth opening and ear pressing and pulling and then 'popping' the eardrums in order to open the tubes.
So I thought I'd give it a go. First time yesterday - my sinuses must have been blocked but the noise reduced as I choked on the gunge for around half an hour but I slept very well last night and I stopped coughing!!
I repeated the process today and noticed the sound reducing - and more gunge, but I have not coughed all afternoon and now - silence.
The nurses and midwives in my family were great believers in massage and manipulation for all sorts of problems, from transverse presentation, bunions and back pain - I think they were on to something.

I have tinnitus and yes it got worse when I had some sort of infection in my ears which clogged up all the tubes and yes various blowings and suckings whilst fiddling about with nose and ears did help to remove gunge and clear things a bit. However, when it all got better and whatever caused the blockages waned, I got back to having the baseline tinnitus.

So, I am not sure that your observations will help tinnitus suffers but they could be useful to those with blocked Eustachian tubes and the annoying noises you might get from them.

I have tinnitus and yes it got worse when I had some sort of infection in my ears which clogged up all the tubes and yes various blowings and suckings whilst fiddling about with nose and ears did help to remove gunge and clear things a bit. However, when it all got better and whatever caused the blockages waned, I got back to having the baseline tinnitus.

So, I am not sure that your observations will help tinnitus suffers but they could be useful to those with blocked Eustachian tubes and the annoying noises you might get from them.
Perhaps I was just told 'oh that's tinnitus' when it started up - but yesterday all was silent.
Today I have a sound only in one ear and there is a lot of ticking from time to time, which goes away when I rub my ear - hearing is obviously quite erratic.
The quietness is such a relief after the last few months.

Ah, then you do not have tinnitus as I, or other sufferers I have spoken to, have it!

I thought it might be OK to post this in the general message board section, as quite a few people seem to suffer.
The noise in my ears has been really getting me down recently, after having that nasty cold which has been going around and I have been coughing since before Christmas it gradually built up and up.
After searching on Youtube for any possible help there is a good upload from a fellow advising doing mouth opening and ear pressing and pulling and then 'popping' the eardrums in order to open the tubes.
So I thought I'd give it a go. First time yesterday - my sinuses must have been blocked but the noise reduced as I choked on the gunge for around half an hour but I slept very well last night and I stopped coughing!!
I repeated the process today and noticed the sound reducing - and more gunge, but I have not coughed all afternoon and now - silence.
The nurses and midwives in my family were great believers in massage and manipulation for all sorts of problems, from transverse presentation, bunions and back pain - I think they were on to something.
Sounds like something that I could benefit from, do you have a link to the video ?

I just used the youtube search function and 'tinnitus relief' brought it up. I'm afraid I tend to rely on the features to make themselves useful - I'll see if I can use history to get back to it though.
I have had to do the process several times now, but the reduction in the noise is at least 80% I would estimate, so I am no longer aware of it from time to time.

Let's see if this works

Perhaps I was just told 'oh that's tinnitus' when it started up - but yesterday all was silent.
Today I have a sound only in one ear and there is a lot of ticking from time to time, which goes away when I rub my ear - hearing is obviously quite erratic.
The quietness is such a relief after the last few months.

Might be excess ear wax, suffer from it myself & need to use drops & occasionally get them syringed to unblock them.

When bunged up can hear noise in ears & can sometimes here own heartbeat. Work colleague had tinnitus & it drove him mad, was constant day & night, doubt those measures in vid would do anything to relieve it.

I got tinnitus when I started citalopram about 2 years ago. Stopped the tablets and it never went away. It like a constant white noise. It’s always there and it ramps up with blood sugar swings and after exercise. I’ve recently stated training again after almost 2 years of no running, so it’s annoying when I stop running and the noise keeps getting louder. Also the hairdryer intensifies it which is kind of a pain with barbie hair extensions as they take forever to dry :(

Might be excess ear wax, suffer from it myself & need to use drops & occasionally get them syringed to unblock them.

When bunged up can hear noise in ears & can sometimes here own heartbeat. Work colleague had tinnitus & it drove him mad, was constant day & night, doubt those measures in vid would do anything to relieve it.
I don't believe in several things - but they seem to be right - I'm a typical Aries personality - astrology is total bunk. I can't see how homeopathy could work, but I no longer have hay fever, and after doing the ear manipulation thing a few times the noise in my ears is no longer driving me to distraction.

Not with me Amity. Never really listened to loud music.

Is it (tinitus) caused by listening to loud music?

Loud noises (including music) can cause permanent or temporary hearing damage, including tinnitus.

Repeated exposure makes hearing damage more likely. As soon as it gets much above 100-110dB sound pressure level (which you can reach playing a pub gig quite easily). Lots of people listening to music in headphones and trying to get ‘above’ noisy urban environments (70-90dB) are potentially putting their hearing at risk. dB is logarithmic, so volume doubles with a relatively modest increase in numbers as things get louder

Here’s a brief overview

Wearing noise reducing earplugs is a wise precaution. And proper ‘full-on‘ ear defenders are required wearing in many noisy work environments.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back