Tingly Feet

Status
Not open for further replies.

cazscot

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi All,

Just recently I have starting having a strange tingly sensation in my feet and pins and needles sensation in my legs, especially over the top of my left foot going into my big toe. It was never sore, just annoying but whilst on the crosstrainer last night I had a burning sensation in my feet :( the burning sensation stopped a while later.

Any suggestions? Could it be the Simvistatin?

Thanks

People do have side effects to simvastatin - pretty sure some of my muscle cramps were due to it as they faded when I reduced dose and disappeared when I stopped them. However, it might be totally unrelated. Have you had your feel checked lately? My podiatrist said I should report anything unusual so that it could either be discounted or treated. Hope that it's something and nothing. I used to get all sorts of niggles long before I was diagnosed, due to my running, so it might just be an effect from the exercise.

I have the same feeling in my feet.. from what Ii have been told its diabetic nueropathy but dont hold me to that.. I have had lumbar punches on my back a couple of times now to see if there are any white blood cells,they found a few but not enough to give me a cure for it... They said it was caused by lack of control of my diabetes but I did tell them that when i was first told i had it i wasnt given the right help, but the damage is already done on me so there is nothin they can do.. My diabetes is more controlled better nowa days because I have a good nurse and Doc.... Anyway I'm babbling on now lol go see ya nurse or doc n tell em what ya getting in ya feet...🙂

It could be something and nothing. If it is new and you are worried it is always good to get it checked.

It's something I'd get checked out. Even though I'm well under control these days, I have loss of sensation in my feet due to damage which occurred while I was undiagnosed.

The podiatrist told me to come back immediately if I had any foot problems at all. My PCT allows me, as a diabetic, to self-refer to podiatry - I don't know if that's the same everywhere but it seems like quite an enlightened policy.

Hi Caz,

Go get it checked out otherwise you will just be wondering each time you get it.

Hope it calms down and well done for doing the cross trainer.

I started developing nueropathy in my left foot, the side on which I broke my femur a couple of years ago and has the worse circulation, a few months ago. Really wierd and unpleasant feeling!

Thanks everyone. I broke my left fibula in 1995 (I have pins holding it together) so dont know if it is all connected to that... I have the podiatrist at the end of October so see how it goes. Feet/legs have been great today so it might just be one of those things... Will kee an eye on it and if it gets any worse will go to the gp.

Thanks again x

Hi All,

Just recently I have starting having a strange tingly sensation in my feet and pins and needles sensation in my legs, especially over the top of my left foot going into my big toe. It was never sore, just annoying but whilst on the crosstrainer last night I had a burning sensation in my feet :( the burning sensation stopped a while later.

Any suggestions? Could it be the Simvistatin?

Thanks

Hi Carol, I am on Simvistatin too and also get the tingles and burning sensation in my left foot, the difference is I have been on the statins for almost three years and never had any problems until I was dx'ed with type 2. I only get the tingles if I have seriously over done the choccy biscuits or high fat, high sugar combo foodstuffs.
When I behave, diet wise, and exercise regularly, I don't have any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back