Tingling update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silkman_Bob

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hey Guys,

Thanks for all your great advise about the tingling pains I have had over the last few days.

I rang NHS direct up and they did some checks over the phone. They asked me if my ankle area was swollen and / or discoloured (blue).

I said that I didnt think so but could not be sure as I had pupil dilating drops earlier in the afternoon for my eye test and that I couldnt be too sure. My friend said that they did look swollen and maybe slightly bluey.

Anyways, they said get down to A and e within the next 10 mins and if this was not going to be possible, call 999. This obviously panicked me and I started to feel a bit dizzy and legs went a bit jelly like which didnt really help matters.

The triage nurse said that she didnt think that I needed to worry but a Dr would check me over asap.

An hour and a half later (quite pleased I hadnt cracked up completely 🙂), a Dr saw me and said that there was no sign of nerve damage and everything seemed to be ok. He said that my feet were not swollen (my mate wont here the end of that!) and that they were of a normal colour.

With regard to the tingling, he asked whether I had been worried recently - to which I said that I had and this is what has brought these on apparently. He said that if I chilled out a bit then these should go of their own accord and recommended rest and a bit of pampering.

Quite strange as this would have never have come in to my head - guess I need to take a chill pill for a bit. Ill be off work until the end of the week and then see what happens over the weekend.

I hate been off work but I guess a few days wont hurt on this occasion!

Thank you all 🙂

Bob

Glad you've got some answers bob, and enjoy yours days off work!

Take care & chill out man

Rossi

I'm so glad they were able to set your mind at rest. Hope you're busy pampering yourself.

pleased to hear it sorted , enjoy your time off work xx

Hi Bob, glad you have had your mind put at ease - it's far better than worrying about it. Don't be too hard on your mate - you did come away feeling better about things, so he probably did you a favour!😉

No I wont be - we thing its something to joke about now - just maybe not at the time 🙂

Glad things worked out and you got help. Don't be too hard on your mate as he encouraged you to get help.

Your post 'sounds' much more relaxed so I'm glad that you got yourself checked out. I think being diagnosed with diabetes makes up much more aware of our bodies and we take notice of the small things more.

Glad you got it sorted, now sit back and enjoy your time off work!

xx

That's great news. Hope that puts your mind at rest for a bit. Don't you just love the way they ask if you're stressed when you're sitting in hospital...no, i'm in hospital....i'm perfectly chilled...of course i'm stressed!!!😛 I have a simliar problem with my doctor's surgery.

happy chillin......enjoy
ps body shop peppermint foot cream is lovely XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back