Tingling in whole body - Dapagliflozin / Forxiga?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woody101

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi

I was diagnosed diabetic - type 2 - about 2 months ago.

I was first given Forxiga (Dapagliflozin) and almost immediately got severe numbness and tingling in my body. The numbness was mainly in my face and hands but the tingling was throughout my body. The tingling could appear anywhere on my body and would last just a few seconds in one place constantly moving around my body (like little electricity shocks). After consulting my Dr I stopped the pill. All the Dr´s I saw said it couldn't be a side effect of the pill. So, as a result, I had lots of tests all of them were negative.

After 3 weeks I still had the problem but with reduced intensity and frequency, so I was instructed to take Forxiga again. The reaction was instant I returned to the very bad days with bad side effects.

I have been taking Metformin now for about 3 weeks but I still have the tingling. Again with reduced intensity and frequency but still can be anywhere in my body.

This doesn't seem to be related to my blood sugar levels.

So far, I have had no explanation as to why I have this problem.

Welcome to the forum @Woody101

What an interesting time you’ve been having! Always good to keep HCPs on their toes with a few unusual cases that don’t fit the normal rules.

The common side effects are listed here
and don’t list the tingling sensations you mention.

I don’t recall many other members mentioning tingling alongside Forxiga but you could browse through some previous threads

I’ll also tweak your thread title to attract attention of anyone who takes dapagliflozin.

Tingling sensations seem likely to be connected to nerve endings to me? Have you been monitoring your BG levels at home? Do you know if your BGs have changed rapidly when taking Dapa? Sometimes that can trigger unusual nerve sensations.

My BG has been coming down, but not rapidly. I don´t think it´s just a dapagliflozin problem. As I still have the same sensations while taking Metformin.

I´ve just had a Electromyography and it seems OK but awaiting appointment with Neurologist.

I´ve just had a Electromyography and it seems OK but awaiting appointment with Neurologist.

Great to know you have been referred to neurology. Let us know what they discover. Hope the symptoms remain bearable in the meantime.

Could be your nerve endings regenerating as your BG gradually comes down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back