Timing Of Basal Injection

Status
Not open for further replies.

HappyHelen

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello.

I have been reading this website for a while now but this is only my second post ... so hello again!

I just wondered whether anyone has any advice about what time you should do your basal injection each day? I am on Levemir and Novorapid and currently take the Levemir in one shot.

Just wondered as I am considering changing from 10pm to breakfast time for the Levemir so I can combine my Novorapid and Levemir at breakfast rather than having to set an alarm to remember to take the Levemir at 10pm each night...

When do you all do your basal injections and why did you pick that time?

Thanks

Helen

I was initially told to inject my lantus in the evening so did it at 10pm, I then moved it slightly forward to 9pm. I now have to split my lantus dose so take one dose around 8am and the other 9pm.

Just a point to consider is if your levemir lasts you 24 hours? If it does then it shouldn't make too much difference. if it doesn't then you might end up waking high in the morning as it's starting to run out.

Hi Helen,

I to take mine in the evening, to be honest I prefer it that way, but all I would say as a suggestion is if you find it difficult to stay up or remember, slowly bring it forward to maybe 8:30 or 9?

Just a thought.

Cheers

Rossi 🙂

I do two Levemir injections a day at 8am and 8pm

I take 30u in the morning and 25u in the evening and it works fine for me 🙂

I used to be on 44 units once a day and rising..

I now split it 7.30 am and pm and find i need less now because im getting enough

I do my Lantus somewhere between 10.30 and 11.30pm because it's easier to keep it by the bed so I can inject before counting sheep.

It has been know to be done as early as 9.30 or as late as about 1am.

Rob

I do my Lantus at about 6.30pm and this usually coincides with my teatime novorapid so works out quite well and I always remember to take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back