Time in Range

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that 3.9 to 10 were the standard settings and this document seems to back that up. https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng...n-adults-with-type-1-diabetes-pdf-11013435182

Might be interesting to know where your consultant has got the idea from? Seems to me that it makes sense to have a standard range to give a clear idea of where someone is. Little point getting 99.9% TIR if you've got it set at 2 - 20.

One consultant said that setting 10.0 as my upper In Range limit was being harsh on myself.
That sounds confused. 3.9-10.0 is the standard. Perhaps there's a confusion with alarms? A high alarm of 10.0 is questionable. Or maybe a confusion with how we regard the range: it's not something we're trying (well, not very hard) to stay inside all the time.

I thought that 3.9 to 10 were the standard settings and this document seems to back that up. https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng...n-adults-with-type-1-diabetes-pdf-11013435182

Might be interesting to know where your consultant has got the idea from? Seems to me that it makes sense to have a standard range to give a clear idea of where someone is. Little point getting 99.9% TIR if you've got it set at 2 - 20.
Perhaps it's more to do with avoiding potential burnout in the patient - the consultants can set their own range when they view the data?

Perhaps it's more to do with avoiding potential burnout in the patient - the consultants can set their own range when they view the data?
I presume that's the case, but the usual way to do that is to be OK with a lower result for the TIR rather than changing the range itself. With most CGMs I think that's likely to work better just because they don't have that big a range: if you had a range 3.9-14.0 I'm just not sure it's going to be as accurate in reporting that.

(In any case for Libre 2 the software (on phone or reader) doesn't allow setting the range outside 3.9-10.0 so the suggestion doesn't make sense. You can set a narrower range, but not one that includes values below 3.9 or above 10.0.)

(In any case for Libre 2 the software (on phone or reader) doesn't allow setting the range outside 3.9-10.0 so the suggestion doesn't make sense. You can set a narrower range, but not one that includes values below 3.9 or above 10.0.)

True, but you can change to a wider range on the LibreView site. (Though the idea of doing that still doesn't make sense to me.)

Looks like they can. But not the alarm levels in the app? (Settings then report settings.

Screenshot_20231123-152203.jpg

That's confirming what I said: you can set the range to (say) 4.5-9.2, but you can't set it to 3.9-12.0 or 3.5-10.0.
Slopes off in embarrassment. Just noticed you’re right. I’m used the flexibility of the 3rd party app.
Librelink I only have notifications set for a lost signal. Even with the 3rd party apk I have the high turned off.

I’m used the flexibility of the 3rd party app.
Yes, Juggluco lets me set whatever values I want.

I wonder if LibreLink (and the reader) have those limits partly (or entirely) because of the lack of range for the sensors themselves, so they (and the regulators) knew that allowing a wider range just wouldn't give useful results consistently given the limitations of the sensors?
Even with the 3rd party apk I have the high turned off.
I have mine set at 15.0, because once I get there I really want to do something (because I forgot to take my last bolus or messed something else up).

Yes, Juggluco lets me set whatever values I want.

I wonder if LibreLink (and the reader) have those limits partly (or entirely) because of the lack of range for the sensors themselves, so they (and the regulators) knew that allowing a wider range just wouldn't give useful results consistently given the limitations of the sensors?

I have mine set at 15.0, because once I get there I really want to do something (because I forgot to take my last bolus or messed something else up).
Librelink, I keep exclusively for my team? It does tally up for me when if I go Vhigh. (Meter use to check.)
It’s any lows that prolong for me with the libre.

I keep my eye on the levels with my 3rd party app & on screen display. (Which needs very little calibration.) Then pending on what I have onboard bolus wise (if it hits 12.) act accordingly for me. With the aid on my trusty meter.)
I wouldn’t disagree with 15mmol. lol, normally when I actually catch something going skew?

Usually get around 80% TIR which am happy with, very occasionally step into 90% & do get odd day with 100% in range, tbh don't get obsessed with figures as perfection just isn't possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back