time for more drugs??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bex123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
hi all , wanted to ask ..as i know a few of u on here have peripheral neuropathy(sp) and so do i. It mainly affects my feet and lower legs, thing is ive always been able to cope with the pain and sensations with normal neurofen or paracetamol but it has been so bad for 4 days and nights in a row im thinking mabey i should see the doc for some proper medication for it , ive hardyl slept in 4 nights and its driving me nuts! and im feeling quite grumpy about it :( what medication do you get put on for it? and does it have any side affects? thanks all

If you are worried and the things you normaly use aren't working, see the doctor. A change of shoes or new shoes if yours are old can help relive the symptoms too, but do see the doctor for reassurance!

Sorry to hear it. I have heard the drug gabapentin mentioned a few times in relation to neuropathy, which I understand can make you a little woozy at first until you get used to it (although I have no personal experience of it).

Hopefully, the pump will improve things for you in time! 🙂

My N is really quite mild (very similar to yours it seems) and I use Gabapentin - 300mg three times a day so a really small dose. It did make me feel ever so funny when I first started using it, made the world spin and it felt like I was on a boat for three days - but for me it really works wonders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back