Time for a new pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maryanne29

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I am currently using the Accuchek Insight which is now out of warranty so need to replace it. The hospital have said I can change to another type if I want to but I can’t see that any others use pre-filled cartridges - this is an important feature for me. Can anyone tell me if anything other than the Insigh5 has this feature please.

That's why I had the Insight instead of another Combo, Maryanne.

I've not heard of any other pump using them - however have you noticed? The boxes the cartridges come in have stopped specifying 'cartridges for Roche Insight pumps' and now just say 'pump cartridges' - so maybe Novo Nordisk know more than us two about it?

Is it worth an email to them?

I Took my mate to a JDRF talk yesterday & he was diagnosed in 1960. A very nice bloke & he is on a Medtronic 640 with sensors. I took him for his dinner after & there was the two of us pushing button before we ate. Sometimes you have to laugh. Good luck Maryanne 😉

Definitely worth emailing Novo Nordisk as you say. My research didn’t highlight any others with prefilled cartridges but not all the websites were particularly clear.

I am currently using the Accuchek Insight which is now out of warranty so need to replace it. The hospital have said I can change to another type if I want to but I can’t see that any others use pre-filled cartridges - this is an important feature for me. Can anyone tell me if anything other than the Insigh5 has this feature please.
Might be worth contacting INPUT, they should know:

http://www.inputdiabetes.org.uk/

I talked to a colleague who has a pump - the only person I know who has - and she said her Medtronic had a reservoir that needs to,be filled and she has trouble with bubbles. Her pump is also much larger than my Insight, so,I think I will stay with the Insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back