Tidepool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Essex

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi

Please excuse any teaching to suck eggs here but I could find almost nothing on Tidepool using the forum search
And it looks great

I have just started using Tidepool and it looks excellent for my needs (BG tracking)
tidepool.org

Best of all its a non-profit and all free and you get the chance to do some good by sharing your data (after it is anonymised) and plus 10% of the proceeds from this go to a(the) diabetes association(s) of your choice

It has lots more stuff that I am not informed enough to evaluate / dont need (yet?), but I can see it is possible for me to use the APP (Android, but IOS also available) to put in my meals and add carb counting etc

Very easy to install and set up

I have shared my anonymised data and 10% of proceeds from this goes to a couple of kids diabetes associations (you can choose, but no Diabetes UK option)

You have to use Chrome browser on the PC (very very easy to install) to view the data
And download their app for getting the data from meter to PC
Also on Mac, for all you fancy pants using that.
Plus its then its linked to an ANdroid or IOS app
Loads of 'how tos' https://support.tidepool.org/hc/en-us
Supports loads of devices https://www.tidepool.org/devices

It makes all the graphs etc for you
I am so new I didnt even know my Contour Next meter had a usb port so I just plug it in and transfer the data
Then it does all the plots for you

1638702390471.png

1638702513925.png

1638702583664.png

1638702702215.png
Best of all:
About Tidepool
Tidepool is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. We were founded by people with diabetes, caregivers, and leading healthcare providers committed to helping all people with insulin-requiring diabetes safely achieve great outcomes through more accessible, actionable, and meaningful diabetes data.

We are committed to empowering the next generation of innovations in diabetes management. We harness the power of technology to provide intuitive software products that help people with diabetes.

Tidepool intends to deliver Loop as a customer-supported, FDA-regulated mobile app in the App Store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back