Status
Not open for further replies.

gillrogers

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Pronouns
She/Her
Hi everyobe,
Last bloods done with my hba1c on 30th August showed up a possible thyroid problem, possibky going underactive. Got to wait until end of this month for another obe to confirm it. Ive read that tablets can make you bgs go high but can an underactive thyroid give you lower bgs ?

Anyone?

Ahh sorry you have had no answers. I can’t help but I’m in a similar position. My levels keep fluctuating between low normal to below normal and back. Doctors don’t seem to think it’s a problem, but I always wonder what any potential new medication would do to BG

Taken from a health page online "Low thyroid hormones cause a drop in insulin levels — insulin is a hormone needed to take sugar from the blood to different cells throughout the body. Low insulin levels cause high blood sugar levels and slows down in cellular function, including muscle contractions and basic brain function"

Taken from a health page online "Low thyroid hormones cause a drop in insulin levels — insulin is a hormone needed to take sugar from the blood to different cells throughout the body. Low insulin levels cause high blood sugar levels and slows down in cellular function, including muscle contractions and basic brain function"
Well I definitely have a very basic brain function

Im guessing if low thyroids mean less insulin, it would mean higher BG levels but I could be wrong

Ahh sorry you have had no answers. I can’t help but I’m in a similar position. My levels keep fluctuating between low normal to below normal and back. Doctors don’t seem to think it’s a problem, but I always wonder what any potential new medication would do to BG
Hi @EmmaL76 ,

I think it must be some of the problem, although it just occurred to me tonight that this week I’ve had to use a correction unit at some meals. I think where I’m on Lyumjev the correction unit is acting extremely fast and that with my carb bolus my digestion can’t keep up and my arrow is heading straight down fast. I know digestion can be messed up with a mid behaving thyroid so I reckon it need to give the correction unit just after I’ve eaten . .

Well I definitely have a very basic brain function
Haha just seen this one, that may then explain my need for the correction units Thanks Emma

Thanks Ladies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back