Thrilled with my results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felinia

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Got my HbA1c results and I'm thrilled. I've dropped from 69mmol/mol to 53mmol/mol. So clearly the discipline of posting every day has worked. I don't think I need to worry about being put on insulin, which is what I was threatened with last time. Also all my renal functions are back in the normal ranges and my blood pressure now is really good too. So the hard work and discipline over the last 3 months was well worth it, and I must make sure I keep up the good work.
For the newbies who are interested in how I managed it: I kept a daily food diary and under 130gm carbs every day - usually between 75gm - 90gm carbs. I also aimed for around 1200 - 1400 cals a day and lost a bit of weight. Plus I tried to do an aquafit class 2/3 times a week. I've been diabetic for several years and have some health and mobility issues. At 72 I'm very pleased with myself. :D

Congratulations! Well deserved for all your hard work!

Well done, I am really pleased for you and find it inspirin, it gives me more motivation to keep going with my own efforts, so thank you for sharing

Got my HbA1c results and I'm thrilled. I've dropped from 69mmol/mol to 53mmol/mol. So clearly the discipline of posting every day has worked. I don't think I need to worry about being put on insulin, which is what I was threatened with last time. Also all my renal functions are back in the normal ranges and my blood pressure now is really good too. So the hard work and discipline over the last 3 months was well worth it, and I must make sure I keep up the good work.
For the newbies who are interested in how I managed it: I kept a daily food diary and under 130gm carbs every day - usually between 75gm - 90gm carbs. I also aimed for around 1200 - 1400 cals a day and lost a bit of weight. Plus I tried to do an aquafit class 2/3 times a week. I've been diabetic for several years and have some health and mobility issues. At 72 I'm very pleased with myself. :D
Well done and now for the hard part maintaining the strategy...

Absolutely brilliant!! I go on Thursday this week for my first three monthly checkup. My first HbA1c was 96 so I’m really hopeful I will have done enough to have reduced it. My daily BG levels are within normal range now so fingers crossed.

Keep up the good work, you’re an inspiration!!

Well done!

Hi @Felinia,

That's excellent news! So very happy that what you been doing is working for you! Hoping it continues to work you!

Keep up the good work!

Blue-16
(Susan)

Thank you everyone. I hope others can benefit from my experience.

Excellent, really happy for you. It just shows what determination, discipline and a good strategy can achieve. 😎

Ace work @Felinia . Those are excellent improvements.

That's amazing news @Felinia ! As everyone above has said, you should be very proud, and the newbies will definitely appreciate your knowledge 😎

Brilliant news! Well done.

Great to hear. Well done @Felinia Keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back