Thougt things were working

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayray119

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
I thought my 1 to 15 radtio was working in morning as was out sensor for a while again now i applye sensor yesterday im not so sure

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-12-17-10-55-09.png
    Screenshot_2021-12-17-10-55-09.png
    108.6 KB · Views: 11
@rayray119 a few things spring to mind
- firstly, don’t judge dosing based on one occurrence. With so much that can affect our blood sugars, things can vary each day.
- without knowing when you ate and bolused, it is hard to difficult to draw and conclusions. Your levels are rising but they may fall and leave you with a spike on your graph. This could indicate your dose is correct but your timing is too late. In an ideal world, we want to match the peak of the insulin potency with the peak of your carb absorption. This is very hard as it varies person to person and food to food.
- your morning rise may be due to Dawn Phenomenon or Foot on the Floor where our liver dumps glucose to give us energy to start the day. This happens for most people including those without diabetes but we see it because our pancreas are defective.
- have you checked your levels with a finger prick? Libre often over reads when in double figures.
- don’t expect perfection
- you look to me to be doing incredibly well managing and understanding your diabetes. Never try to control if. That’s like trying to control a toddler. It will lead to tears.
- don’t expect perfection. You are trying to perform the job of a human organ with a baseball bat.

I think that’s it except, don expect perfection

- firstly, don’t judge dosing based on one occurrence. With so much that can affect our blood sugars, things can vary each day.
- without knowing when you ate and bolused, it is hard to difficult to draw and conclusions. Your levels are rising but they may fall and leave you with a spike on your graph. This could indicate your dose is correct but your timing is too late. In an ideal world, we want to match the peak of the insulin potency with the peak of your carb absorption. This is very hard as it varies person to person and food to food.
- your morning rise may be due to Dawn Phenomenon or Foot on the Floor where our liver dumps glucose to give us energy to start the day. This happens for most people including those without diabetes but we see it because our pancreas are defective.
- have you checked your levels with a finger prick? Libre often over reads when in double figures.
- you look to me to be doing incredibly well managing and understanding your diabetes. Never try to control if. That’s like trying to control a toddler. It will lead to tears.
- don’t expect perfection. You are trying to perform the job of a human organ with a baseball bat.

around 8/8.30 15 mintues before sometimes if i've waited any longer i've droped. no i havent but will before dealing with with lunch if libre still shows above 10.

around 8/8.30 15 mintues before sometimes if i've waited any longer i've droped. no i havent but will before dealing with with lunch if libre still shows above 10.
it was more the fact it looked liked it sated to go up however i did reaise i havent drunk this morning i have now and that can cause them to be a bit out.

Well even though before lunch the scan said 9.9 acording a finger pick i was 6.6 bacslly what the finger pick said at backfast. But i probelly didnt wait long enough as i got nervous that was falling

Well even though before lunch the scan said 9.9 acording a finger pick i was 6.6 bacslly what the finger pick said at backfast. But i probelly didnt wait long enough as i got nervous that was falling
I think it just probelly hadnt caught up yet because that kind of happened this morning

i know you mean about food though porrige seems to be my emeery at backfast

well acording the libre i'm raising again but not to worry if its correct and stays there i can do something about tea and if that doesnt work i can do something about it later tonigand went bht. my lunch did end up being 55 carbs and it was a bagal and crakers so prrobelly could have wated a bit longer. however looks like it did same ring as backfast rose then strighted to fall then decided agasit it back. i have just eated some chese but that shouldnt do anything because cheese has almost nothing in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back