Thoughts please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midgie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I’ve had a high fasting glucose for years, since 2014 as far as I know. but my hba1c had been normal. (Obviously not now)
I got the libre free trial and had it on for the first time last night. It appears I was hypoglycaemic for a short while at three a.m and woke up to a reading of 7.4. I’m assuming my liver is ‘helping out’, but I didn’t think type 2’s got hypos. I’m not on meds.

Are sure it was definitely a hypo, as if you sleep on the sensor you can get what are known as compression lows. Type 2 can get hypos if they are on medication such as Gliclazide.

It appears I was hypoglycaemic for a short while at three a.m and woke up to a reading of 7.4.
I think being a bit low during the night is normal enough. (It's also possible to get a false low reading if you sleep on the sensor, by compressing the flesh around it and (I guess) reducing flow of the fluids.)

Are sure it was definitely a hypo, as if you sleep on the sensor you can get what are known as compression lows. Type 2 can get hypos if they are on medication such as Gliclazide.
No idea really, but I thought it would be a great explanation for my constant morning highs.

It's possible for anyone to go below 4, then your liver kicks in to raise your BG, around 8 your insulin response drops it back down to somewhere in between.

What levels did you see, low and high?

It's possible for anyone to go below 4, then your liver kicks in to raise your BG, around 8 your insulin response drops it back down to somewhere in between.

What levels did you see, low and high?
It’s quite difficult to tell exactly from the graph, I’m guessing that 7.4 when I tested at 8am might have been the highest. I had my breakfast at 9.
Quite interesting.6CDB273F-8A93-4D03-AFBB-14365DFAFAC3.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back