Thought it might be fun if we compared our meals and the carb/cal count

gail2

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
We might learn something from each other. I will go first; Breakfast: 2 rounds white toast (wholmeal not advaible with Marmite 46 carbs/ 122 cals;
Dinner: Beef Stew with dumpling 21 carbs/205 cals Orange squash 1carb/3 cals pot low fat yogurt 11 carbs / 72 cals

Good day Gail - I don't count carbs really or calories. I did just post my breakfast here: https://forum.diabetes.org.uk/boards/threads/jodees-ninja-blast-breakfast.114544/

Last night I did not eat much for dinner, just smoked salmon, 2 crackers, an apple, I wasn't very hungry, I think I ate the 3 left overs of the Oat Dumps I posted the other day for lunch.and tomatoes on toast. I did have a boiled egg for snack mid afternoon too. 🙂

Today I may have cheese and red cabbage kraut and cracker for lunch with a fig to follow and cauliflower cheese and green veg for dinner. 🙂

Last edited:
Good day Gail - I don't count carbs really or calories. I did just post my breakfast here: https://forum.diabetes.org.uk/boards/threads/jodees-ninja-blast-breakfast.114544/

Last night I did not eat much for dinner, just smoked salmon, 2 crackers, an apple, I wasn't very hungry, I think I ate the 3 left overs of the Oat Dumps I posted the other day too for lunch. and tomatoes on toast.

Today I may have cheese and biscuits for lunch and either macaroni cheese a veg for dinner or just chunky veg soap.
you dont have to carb/cal count its what ever works for you

Hi Gail my breakfast is Greek yoghurt (10% fat) 4g carbs, almonds, 2g carb, pecans, 2g carb and one small plum about 3g carb. I also have a couple of slide of home backed bread made from Greek yoghurt, pecans, almonds and seeds. That is about 8.5g carbs per 100g weight but not checked per slice.
Dinner last night was venison steak 0-,5g carbs, cabbage, leeks, broccoli and mushroom sauce which probably amounted to about followed by the Freshwell blackberry and apple crumble. In total the meal came to about 35g carbs.

I don't bother counting calories as my exercise has helped keep my weight around 13.5 stone for quite some time now (including before I was diagnosed with diabetes).

Biggest dietary change for me over the past week or so it removing things like fruit juice, normal bread, potatoes, rice and pasta. And clearly my body likes it as my point in time testing each day shows that my numbers are falling from the 12 test last Tuesday afternoon to 6.7 after breakfast today and 7.4, 2 hours after last night's feast.

I regularly post mine on the forum Food ideas with photos. This was yesterday's menu

1455 cals, 86.5gm carbs of which 35.2gm sugars

B: Poached eggs, grilled bacon and mushrooms, small toast (9.1gm carbs)

L: Pate salad (8.6gm carbs)

D: Roast lamb, cauliflower cheese, small jacket potato (51.7gm carbs).

S: Peppermint tea

Plus: Semi skimmed milk, cholesterol lowering drink and Fybogel (17.0gm carbs)

Lol, mine will be easy and the same every day for the next 10 weeks,
eg: 4 x shakes, each 220cal, 6.4 fats, 2.5 (sat fat), 21 carbs, 12 sugar. 3.7 fibre, 21 protein, 0.3 salt.
So 880 cals and 84 carbs per day.
And repeat.....

We are a healthy lot

I was just reviewing this. Today fairly typical:

Breakfast

Big soy flat white with 15g chia seeds
Bowl with rockmelon, walnuts, strawberries, rye bread crumbled up, lemon juice.

Lunch

2xVietnamese chicken cold rolls
Cup of soy milk with 15g chia seeds and strawberries

Afternoon

Medium soy flat white with 15g chia seeds

Dinner

Avocado + baby spinach + half a pear + lemon juice. 50g sourdough bread.

Grazing

~70 almonds
3 carrots

Nutrient Summary

Main targets: 2,500 kCal. 125g protein (1.9g/kg). 75g fibre. 13g saturated fat (~5% of kCal).

Exceeding daily requirements for all vits and minerals except vit B12 and vit D.
Sodium at 1,650mg. above 1,500mg target (sourdough!)

Others: Carbs 195g. Omega-3 11g, Omega-6 31g.

I think I might scare a few people if I posted all that I eat.
Yes, I am one of those annoying people (I think someone described me on the thread about things they hate) who never has not to worry about their weight.
I tend to eat an "International variety" with very little traditional British food. Or, as my partner describes it "weird sh*t"!

For example, as a little glimpse into the Helli-diet (which changes every day), this is what I have eaten so far
- B: 2 x apples with a large dollop of creme fraiche and a generous sprinkling of cinnamon
- L: 2 x thick slices of homemade sourdough toast with beetroot dip (roasted beetroot, more creme fraiche, pomegranate molasses, fresh chilli and zataár all blended together) topped with feta and sunflower seeds. 2 x dead-fly biscuits (aka fruit shorties)

I have also drunk
- 2 x mugs Raspberry Rosemary infusion
- 2 x mugs chilli chai (no milk)

Last edited:
Grazing
~70 almonds
Wow, 70 almonds!!! on the odd day when I feel very low energy, slightly faint, etc I treat myself to 3-4 almonds at most! (or 2 grapes)....
Lucky you, as I love most nuts and would love to eat more, but being strict at the moment.....
🙂

I don't have all that many numbers but at the moment my day might be
mug of coffee with small amount of double cream
Tesco shake 200 calories 20gm of carb
two pork steaks with stirfry 10gm of carb (1/4 of a pack of Lidl frozen mix)
tea
I am losing size, probably weight as well.

Wow, 70 almonds!!! on the odd day when I feel very low energy, slightly faint, etc I treat myself to 3-4 almonds at most! (or 2 grapes)....
Lucky you, as I love most nuts and would love to eat more, but being strict at the moment.....
🙂
Almonds don't mix well with a very low calorie diet 🙂

70 almonds is about 500 kCal, about 20% of my energy intake. It's pathetic, but my weight varies mainly by how many almonds I eat. I have to really watch them because it's way too easy to eat too many.

Usual is breakfast: cheese omelette (zero-ish carbs), lunch: brie and crackers (total carb of crackers 20g), tea: meat and green veg (zero-ish carbs), 6 coffees per day: around 10 carbs.

Today so far: costa flat white (18g carbs) white bread roll, butter and marmalade (shudder to think!) - it's been a strange day!

We might learn something from each other. I will go first; Breakfast: 2 rounds white toast (wholmeal not advaible with Marmite 46 carbs/ 122 cals;
Dinner: Beef Stew with dumpling 21 carbs/205 cals Orange squash 1carb/3 cals pot low fat yogurt 11 carbs / 72 cals
Every time I see Marmite in the supermarket now I smile and think of you 🙂

4 tea i had 2 helpings of homemade soup sod the carbs/cals, coffee, and a low fat yougurt

Back