This should interest the pumpers out there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freddie99

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
http://archives.cbc.ca/health/medical_research/topics/702/

A somewhat aged article about the first insulin pumps and a small boy put on it. Give me my Veo any day! It seems that somethings about pumping haven't changed right from it's conception.

I only came across this as I was searching for the citation for Frederick Banting's Military Cross that he won during the battle of Cambrai (1917).

Very interesting Tom, I cant believe the size of them and the bit of tape over his canula! Things have moved on a bit!🙂Bev

Very interesting Tom, I cant believe the size of them and the bit of tape over his canula! Things have moved on a bit!🙂Bev

Should have seen the amount of tape I was obliged to put over my CGM sensor due to the shoddiness of the clear dressing on it. Here's a photo of what I looked like!

IMG_7431.jpg

Gosh it hasn't changed much since Jessica first had a CGMS at the age of about 2 years old. Can you imagine that sized thing and that thick long tubing on a 2 year old. We had to wrap it around the machine and clip it to tiny trousers !!!!

I can't believe they don't do wireless ones now, how ridiculous. The actual sensor is the same as on the pump you are getting Tom, but the transmitter is the size of a 2p but thicker and that's it.

Is this a CGMS or a Navigator? Jessica had the bog standard CGMS twice before pumping and they didn't have a screen, it was merely so the hospital could down load the data and let us know what was happening. Both time it caught hypos overnight that we didn't know about.

Have you got your results yet?

Gosh it hasn't changed much since Jessica first had a CGMS at the age of about 2 years old. Can you imagine that sized thing and that thick long tubing on a 2 year old. We had to wrap it around the machine and clip it to tiny trousers !!!!

I can't believe they don't do wireless ones now, how ridiculous. The actual sensor is the same as on the pump you are getting Tom, but the transmitter is the size of a 2p but thicker and that's it.

Is this a CGMS or a Navigator? Jessica had the bog standard CGMS twice before pumping and they didn't have a screen, it was merely so the hospital could down load the data and let us know what was happening. Both time it caught hypos overnight that we didn't know about.

Have you got your results yet?

It's just a CGM. I got the results the same day the I unplugged from it. Good to read. It was interesting to see the effects of the hour of pain at the gym on me. Shows I need to tune how I deal with the hour of pain.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back