This Morning!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chezpez

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Is anyone watching this morning programme now - this lady has lost both legs and her right arm due too bad control of diabetes.. poor lady!!

I'm sorry i didnt know it had already been discussed.. just switched on the TV and the lady was being interviewed. So sad they didnt have the knowledge 37yrs ago as we do today!! and have fantastic forums like this!! xxx

I'm sorry i didnt know it had already been discussed.. just switched on the TV and the lady was being interviewed. So sad they didnt have the knowledge 37yrs ago as we do today!! and have fantastic forums like this!! xxx

no probs hun, but your right she gave good advice to the young diabetics i thought.

What advice did she give? I am at work unfortunately.............:(

What advice did she give? I am at work unfortunately.............:(

Just not to ignore things.. we are know alot more advanced then when she was diagnosed 30 years ago and theres alot more help out there now

Basically what were all doing now.. check levels, die, go to appointments.. she said unfortunatley she was given wrong advice like eat choc if she did sports when she was at schoo,l and ended up with very high levels.. she said she just wasnt given the correct advice like today, also had no blood test meter.. I suppose I'm lucky to have The big D for only 5 yrs end of the yr, and medicine has advanced loads with diabetes!!

I watched it and thought she was such a brave lady for telling her story it makes me grateful I was diagnosed when I was.

Proud of her.........will try and see it online...........

Just seen the segment. gah! I still don't even understand how it got so bad. Amazing that she hasn't gone blind.

I promise to take care of my feet from now on 😉

awwh i missed it aswel.

I've just been shouted down by my mam who always tapes This Morning. Part of me wishes she hadn't. You're all right when you say she's got some real bottle but I often run a mile when I see anything like that. Rather a daft thing to do, but my guts don't handle things like that very well. That and the fact I've had similar symptoms in my hands which scares the living muck out of me.

I do remember some of the advice we were given when I was a wee tyke being nigh on word for word.

Sorry to say I didn't see the end of her interview as I just bottled it and left my mam to it. It scares me, so I blank it out usually.

.Hi i think she might be the lady who was on Noels christmas presents lasy year she was amazing , but then i didnt see her on this moring , can someone have a look at the link ive posted ? tghe diabetic lays present begins 5.20 minutes into video . Is her name Jane Knight ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb2TEGSR92U

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back