This might interest some

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukjohn

Much Missed Member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I discovered this site last week quite by accident and found it interesting. Let me make it clear from the start that I have no connection with this site or company other than being a first time buyer last week. I purchased 2 sachets of everything available and now tried some before making comment here, they are very nice. What you may think am I talking about......Sugar free, low calorie fruit drinks, there are 19 different flavours, each sachet cost 39p and makes 1 1/2 litres and can be mixed with water or milk..See what you think...

www.juice2u.co.uk

I would be interested in your thoughts

John

what's the cost of shipping, John? i've had a quick look around the site but can't seem to find any info on it (but i am recovering from a mild hypo so bear with me!)

It looks like one pack of 24 costs 1.49 in shipping and orders over ?25 are free.

After much searching (why do they not declare what is in the drink?), I found a german site : http://www.shop-014.de/baleroshop-s2h1-Bolero-Drinks.html
which listed the contents of the Orange Bolero (the other flavours are similar apart from the Dyes):

Ingredients:
Citric acid, malic acid, maltodextrin, flavor.
Sweeteners: aspartame, saccharin, acesulfame k, Ciclamat, trisodium citrate.
Caking agent: Tri calcium phosphate.
Thickener: Xanthan, Natriumcarboxymethylcellulose, gum Aribicum, vitamin C, calcium carbonate.
Dyes: (E102, E110, E124, E171) contains phenylalanine.

Nutritional VALUEs by 100 ml of the drink
Energy: 7.11 kJ/1,7 kcal
protein: 0.029 g
Carbohydrates: 0,18 g of it sugars: < 0.01 g
Fat: 0 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.015 g
Sodium: 0,001 g
Calcium: 8 mg (1% RDA *)
Vitamin C: 4 mg (6.7 % RDA*)

I will leave you all to judge whether to partake of this cocktail. (P.S. didn't like the look of the factory either which appears to be an artists impression).

All healthy stuff then :D 🙄

I know I'm weird, but I've been finding my numbers going higher with 'diet' or 'no added sugar' drinks. Plus I have huge issues with aspartame, I get awful headaches if I take anything with that stuff in it. But that's just me, I'd rather have very small amounts of the real thing than shedloads of artificial sweeteners.

From what I've read a lot of people have problems with apsartame, including headaches. You may be reacting to the maltodextrin - have you consumed that before? A couple of the E numbers are not very good for you either.

I'm probably preaching to the converted but as you know we all react to different things and diabetes is a very complex complaint, so I don't see why you should think you are weird.

I think I'll stick to Roberstons No added sugar Orange squash (sorry thats got aspartame as well) and Sainsbury's No Added Sugar Cream Soda (nothing nasty I can see and fantastic taste).

...and Sainsbury's No Added Sugar Cream Soda (nothing nasty I can see and fantastic taste).

Ooh, I haven't thought about that in years. Pity there's no Sainsbury's in Snechie.:(

After much searching (why do they not declare what is in the drink?), I found a german site : http://www.shop-014.de/baleroshop-s2h1-Bolero-Drinks.html
which listed the contents of the Orange Bolero (the other flavours are similar apart from the Dyes):

Ingredients:
Citric acid, malic acid, maltodextrin, flavor.
Sweeteners: aspartame, saccharin, acesulfame k, Ciclamat, trisodium citrate.
Caking agent: Tri calcium phosphate.
Thickener: Xanthan, Natriumcarboxymethylcellulose, gum Aribicum, vitamin C, calcium carbonate.
Dyes: (E102, E110, E124, E171) contains phenylalanine.

Nutritional VALUEs by 100 ml of the drink
Energy: 7.11 kJ/1,7 kcal
protein: 0.029 g
Carbohydrates: 0,18 g of it sugars: < 0.01 g
Fat: 0 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.015 g
Sodium: 0,001 g
Calcium: 8 mg (1% RDA *)
Vitamin C: 4 mg (6.7 % RDA*)

I will leave you all to judge whether to partake of this cocktail. (P.S. didn't like the look of the factory either which appears to be an artists impression).

Vicsetter

I am gratefull that you found that factory and took the trouble to translate every thing from German so that everyone had the correct info.
I also agree with you about leaving everyone to judge for themselves whether to partake of the drinks, that is why I posted the information so that members could make up their own minds.
The one comment that puzzled me is "Didn't like the look of the factory either" I thought perhaps you thought it was not up to standard for production, but then you go on to say "it appears to be an artists impression.
So not sure where that bit of information fits into the scheme.

Vicsetter

The one comment that puzzled me is "Didn't like the look of the factory either" I thought perhaps you thought it was not up to standard for production, but then you go on to say "it appears to be an artists impression.
So not sure where that bit of information fits into the scheme.

I'm just a suspicious b...r. and was a bit wary of a company that doesn't publish a photo of their factory but an artists impression, a bit like your holiday hotel that is 'under construction', mind you this is the UK agent's web site. It's also made in 'the balkan mountains' so presumably Serbia or Bulgaria, apart from the carbon footprint transport angle, what is their hygene rules? I was also suspicious with their sales pitch that didn't mention the ingredients.

The site: http://drink-bolero.com/ also sells it (it appears to be an ebay shop as well) and it's ?9.36 for 24 with free P&P.

For those that may be concerned by doubts over hygene standards in Serbia and Bulgaria. On the site quoted by that member, it also states that this product carries all necessary EU certification and complies fully with the UK Food Standards Agency.

John, I am wondering if you have tried the peach Ice Tea flavour?

I lived Ice tea and used to like those lipton (? cant correctly recall the brand) peach tea in a cold can, especially on holiday but now too sweet for me.

I see this co does something very similar...

Sugarbum

I have purchased 1 sachet of the peach ice tea to try😛 not tried it yet but will let you know when I do, I used to love that drink when I lived in the USA..
Take care
John..

PS, Your correct it was Liptons.

Yes it would be interesting to know how they comare, both in taste and in the vital nutritional info stats! 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back