This is my second week on Ozepic 0.5mgs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Docsue

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
This is my second week on Ozepic 0.5mgs and have suffered the most horrible day yesterday. The first week was fine except for constipation. I took my second doze on Monday and yesterday all hell broke loose in many ways. It started with colic pains and the IBS but the vomiting was worse. I vomited yellow and green bile about 8 times was sweating plus the symptoms of IBS
Later in the evening checked BS 5.2 so new that was ok. Finally exhausted about 12 midnight. If it would have gone on any longer I would have gone to hospital. Has anyone had anything similar on the second dose of Ozepic?

I realise I am spelling the drug wrong it’s ozempic once weekly injection

It can take a while for side effects to improve because the drug has such a long life. For the next month the levels of ozempic in your system will be gradually increasing until in just after a months time you’ll have a steady level of the new 0.5 dose working in your system. Hopefully at that point your side effects will improve. In the meantime make sure you reduce your food quantities to help reduce the nausea.

Sorry to hear you’ve had such a torrid time with Ozempic @Docsue

Have you got a follow-up appointment with your GP or pharmacist to discuss the new medication? If not it might be worth dropping them an e-consult to make sure they are aware of the reaction you had to the second dose.

Hope it really subsides for you and the next dose is completely uneventful.

Thank you both , I will be seeing diabetic service every week to get weighed so will mention to them about my reaction. I have not been eating very much and keeping mostly to low carb or very limited diet that how I lost half stone fort week I think. I’m due to take 3rd injection today which I’m not looking forward to as only coming around from Saturdays terrible episode!
Thank you hopefully I’ll report uneventful week

Thank you both , I will be seeing diabetic service every week to get weighed so will mention to them about my reaction. I have not been eating very much and keeping mostly to low carb or very limited diet that how I lost half stone fort week I think. I’m due to take 3rd injection today which I’m not looking forward to as only coming around from Saturdays terrible episode!
Thank you hopefully I’ll report uneventful week
Maybe you could delay the injection to give your system time to recover and settle down.

Was thinking I might do this but bit frightened won’t then build into my system properly. By god having t2 diabetes at my age is not easy!! I am focused again now so we’ll see but thank you for all comments good to know everything I have had someone else has had to and can give their story x

Was thinking I might do this but bit frightened won’t then build into my system properly. By god having t2 diabetes at my age is not easy!! I am focused again now so we’ll see but thank you for all comments good to know everything I have had someone else has had to and can give their story x
I have just looked back at your previous post and obviously steroids and Covid have played havoc with your system, but your HbA1C is not desperately high so if you are having such a bad reaction to the new dose then a holding dose and some further dietary changes might help.
I am also 71 prediabetic for quite a few years but slipped over 2 years ago mainly I think because of putting on weight when I retired and worry for my daughters working in the NHS with all the COVID in the early days.
But low carb no meds brought it back, lost weight but still more to go but that has been scuppered by an accident which resulted in knee surgery so I am struggling with the exercise.

I have just looked back at your previous post and obviously steroids and Covid have played havoc with your system, but your HbA1C is not desperately high so if you are having such a bad reaction to the new dose then a holding dose and some further dietary changes might help.
I am also 71 prediabetic for quite a few years but slipped over 2 years ago mainly I think because of putting on weight when I retired and worry for my daughters working in the NHS with all the COVID in the early days.
But low carb no meds brought it back, lost weight but still more to go but that has been scuppered by an accident which resulted in knee surgery so I am struggling with the exercise.

It never rains but it pours! I too can’t currently exercise as I am waiting for spinal surgery on 4 discs so too painful to walk very far or lift. I was previously walking 3 miles 3-4times a week and can’t do that now. I’ll see how I go this week after my injection later today but thought I would take movacol to help with constipation as I don’t think that helps. Has anyone on ozempic been advised to take anything for constipation?

It never rains but it pours! I too can’t currently exercise as I am waiting for spinal surgery on 4 discs so too painful to walk very far or lift. I was previously walking 3 miles 3-4times a week and can’t do that now. I’ll see how I go this week after my injection later today but thought I would take movacol to help with constipation as I don’t think that helps. Has anyone on ozempic been advised to take anything for constipation?
Making sure you have enough fluids is important but some try fibogel or things like chai and flax seeds.

Well 3rd week of taking ozempic and still feeling sick! Get weighed at diabetic clinic in morning see if I lose anything this week. I’m moaning I know but nausea is really awful and so tired. I’m drinking plenty of water just hope it passes soon.

As you can see it’s a late post and finding difficult to sleep; bad heartburn. Done all usual things to try and settle it! Hopefully I will settle down after the next 2 weeks and feel my normal self again. I even done a covid test today as was so feverish! It was negative thank goodness
I suppose people write on this forum when they are new to the forum so in time I hope to stop moaning about this stupid diabetes and treatment. Wishing everyone a good and restful night

Hello everyone, I’ve just been diabetic clinic for weekly weigh in another 4lbs lost that a total of 11lbs in 2 weeks …so best foot forward over the next week

So sorry to hear you are struggling with this medication. It sounds rough and I hope your body gets acclimatized to it soon but a huge well done on the weight loss.

PS. Please feel free to moan as much as you need to. Firstly it is useful to others who might use this medication to read that this may happen to them and either encourage them to continue and push through it.... assuming things settle down for you (fingers crossed) but also to give you an outlet for how you are feeling and hopefully feel less alone in dealing with it or know that others have gone through the same and come out the other side.

Really hope your weight loss has given you a boost to keep going with it as I can imagine it must be rough. Good luck!

Thank you Barbara for your encouraging post. I am hopefully tackling my cholesterol at the same time as I don’t want to be on 40mgs statins I feel it’s to much my overall level is 5 but my bad cholesterol is over 3 so we will see.
Yes my weight loss over the past 2 weeks as given me the incentive to push through the nausea as long as I don’t have severe vomiting again like last week. The nurse did say it common side effect but to test BG if I vomit. Other side effects are burping and wind but they should also subside too
What did Labour Party sing years ago? THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back