Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello lovelies

I have notived today that I have a thirst that just will not go away, no matter how much I drink. However, bloods haven't been above 8/9 all day. Highest was 9.x after lunch (pasta bake). At work I was constantly going to the water thingy and chugging the water.

Any ideas? Bloods definitely not high. Am I just thirsty? But surely if it was just regular thirst it would be gone by now? Could it be a sign I'm coming down with something? I feel a bit under the weather, but I'm puting that down to the epically awful day I' ve had today...

Is your office air conditioned by any chance? Our labs are, and some days it seems to make the air really dry. I was convinced my blood sugar meter was lying to me and that I was really high until I noticed that other people were really thirsty too! :D

Is your office air conditioned by any chance? Our labs are, and some days it seems to make the air really dry. I was convinced my blood sugar meter was lying to me and that I was really high until I noticed that other people were really thirsty too! :D

Long before I had diabetes I was constantly heading for the water cooler when in an air-conditioned office.

There is another possibility, which I hope doesn't happen, but you have been working with new people in an office environment so it's possible you have picked up a bug:(

Hope it's just a distant memory tomorrow, and that everything is fine🙂

Hello lovelies

I have notived today that I have a thirst that just will not go away, no matter how much I drink. However, bloods haven't been above 8/9 all day. Highest was 9.x after lunch (pasta bake). At work I was constantly going to the water thingy and chugging the water.

Any ideas? Bloods definitely not high. Am I just thirsty? But surely if it was just regular thirst it would be gone by now? Could it be a sign I'm coming down with something? I feel a bit under the weather, but I'm puting that down to the epically awful day I' ve had today...

Thirst is a sign that I'm going down with a cold.

ditto heating system ...thats the first thing i thought sam....can you take a bottle in and keep refilling

its not air conditioned. There's just central heating...

when i used to go home from being a student with no CH i used to feel so dried out and wacked ....just keep your fliud levels up and make sure you re warm when you go out from the warm into the cold xx

Did you have any particulary salty foods yesterday? that might have made the problem worse. I often feel very thirsty and generally drink more than my family and friends even when my blood sugars are all in range. Not sure why this is.

Sam probably not any use, but sometimes when I've been outside all day or for several days, then have a day in the office I drink shed loads!

well, i an no longer in the office...ever...and the thirst is still there 😡 I am starting to feel rather dodgy tbh, bit sicky and run down. Maybe its that?

Hope you are feeling better soon. Even when I am under contorl, if I get a raging thirst it means a cold is on its way and my nose is normally blocked up too.

All the usual advice here, keep up the fluids, keep warm, keep doing the tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back