Thinking of asking to try a pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisycoo

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi guys

I’ve been on MDI/diagnosed for a year now but I am interested in asking to try an insulin pump. I’m a little hesitant as I don’t know very much about them or how to go about trying one. Like speaking with tubes or a tubeless/pod? system I imagine this would be a question for the DSN?
Has anyone got any advice pros and cons about them? I have googled but think I’d prefer others who use them input.
Any info at all is much appreciated
Thanks!

I don’t pump as I’m not t1 but knowing the system well enough, asking about what type of pump you would want is very much jumping the gun. The place to start is by reading the guidelines on who is eligible to try a pump and seeing whether you meet any of the criteria, then talking through your case with the DSN

I don’t pump as I’m not t1 but knowing the system well enough, asking about what type of pump you would want is very much jumping the gun. The place to start is by reading the guidelines on who is eligible to try a pump and seeing whether you meet any of the criteria, then talking through your case with the DSN
Thanks, I’ll have a look over the weekend and have another think about it all. I’m really just curious at the minute

@Daisycoo why do you think you would benefit from a pump?
What are you struggling with and why would a pump help?
Pumps are expensive which is why there are hurdles to jump through to be considered.
Then, you will find out which pumps are available from your CCG. Some offer a fair selection. My CCG offers one pump only. The question of tubes or not is a moot point.

@Daisycoo why do you think you would benefit from a pump?
What are you struggling with and why would a pump help?
Pumps are expensive which is why there are hurdles to jump through to be considered.
Then, you will find out which pumps are available from your CCG. Some offer a fair selection. My CCG offers one pump only. The question of tubes or not is a moot point.
I’m not sure if I would benefit or not to be honest. I’m more just curious about them to see if it would make a difference to my time in range (I’m only a year in though.
I’ll look over the guidelines and have a a discussion with my DSN to see if they feel I would benefit or have suggestions.
To be fair think ’m going through a little bit of burnout (still doing what I have to though). The BG is still a bit up and down. Was just curious to others experiences of them for now.

Hi guys

I’ve been on MDI/diagnosed for a year now but I am interested in asking to try an insulin pump. I’m a little hesitant as I don’t know very much about them or how to go about trying one. Like speaking with tubes or a tubeless/pod? system I imagine this would be a question for the DSN?
Has anyone got any advice pros and cons about them? I have googled but think I’d prefer others who use them input.
Any info at all is much appreciated
Thanks!

You don't ask you don't get, simple as.

Perfectly honest don't have any regrets changing to pump, for me it was life changing so only have good things to say about them.

Best bet it to get knowledgeable about pumps first, great place to start is youtube as you'll find videos about every pump available today, that's where I started off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back