Thinking back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smile4loubie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I have my appointment at my new clinic next week and been thinking about my past experiences, one that I will ALWAYS remember was when talking about hypos with my last DSN she said I could "never" go into DKA. No explination or anything just that I couldn't... Errrmmm .... I'm pretty sure I'm type 1 (they did tests but mucked up & never had them again) so I can! If I'm taking insulin I can surely!!! She assumed I was Type 2... God I still want to slap her even now!!!!

It can be scary when you look back and realise what you were being told in the early days was absolute rubbish!😱

I'm not sure which is worst, being told rubbsh or being told nothing atall. I am so glad we all have this site!

I was once told my a random nurse that i wouldnt be able to have children as a diabetic.
Turns out thats just a little bit wrong, plenty of diabetics have children.
Its not good the amount of rubbish we get told, its ok for them but its our lives.
xx

I was once told my a random nurse that i wouldnt be able to have children as a diabetic.
Turns out thats just a little bit wrong, plenty of diabetics have children.
Its not good the amount of rubbish we get told, its ok for them but its our lives.
xx

I think that was the line given out in the 60s or 70s, when it wasn't as easy to monitor and keep a close eye on things. Some people don't get educated that things have changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back