Think im not normal

Status
Not open for further replies.

caroleann

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
The more exercise i get the higher my numbers are and if i dont go out for a walk they are nice and low,thought it was supposed to be the other way round and as for my weight my scales say i havent lost any normaly im an 18 in jeans but im now in a size 16, hubby(steve) got fed up with me yanking them up so just bought me some new ones🙂

hi caroleann

if your numbers are above a certain level (i believe it is around the 14 mark), you don't have the necessary insulin to burn off the sugar in your blood - then your body starts to burn fat instead, which can be really dangerous and lead to DKA eventually. you might see ketones if that is the case.

do you have access to a meter? always worth testing before you exercise to make sure you are not running high already.

hi caroleann

if your numbers are above a certain level (i believe it is around the 14 mark), you don't have the necessary insulin to burn off the sugar in your blood - then your body starts to burn fat instead, which can be really dangerous and lead to DKA eventually. you might see ketones if that is the case.

do you have access to a meter? always worth testing before you exercise to make sure you are not running high already.

Hi yes i tested before i went out was 12.9 i walked for 2 hours tested when i got in was10.4.

Are you saying that your values went down a little but that if you hadn't walked they would have been lower ?

Some people find that the effect of exercise is for your blood sugars to rise initially but then over the next few (well can be many) hours the levels drop.

Also muscle weighs more than fat so its possible that the scales say the same but you have lost inches.

Are you saying that your values went down a little but that if you hadn't walked they would have been lower ?

Some people find that the effect of exercise is for your blood sugars to rise initially but then over the next few (well can be many) hours the levels drop.

Also muscle weighs more than fat so its possible that the scales say the same but you have lost inches.

Yep i dident go out all weekend and my levels where all below 7 but saying that i do have problems with high levels at about 11 oclock at night weather i exercise or not anything up to 18 plus.

I was told that my numbers would rise initially during and after exercise and not to go out immediately after a meal because the two things together could be counter-productive. I'm not clear if this situation changes as we get better control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back