Thigh pains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bics

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi
Does anyone seem to have thigh pain with diabetes?. I have had terrible pains in my left thigh now for about 3 months. I work with children so must be sitting on the floor with them but am finding this painful and suffer when I get home after work. Not sure if it would be arthritis or from diabetes.

I had a thigh pain in my right thigh for about six months. It went away when I got my blood sugar down. It might be a type of neuropathy? My GP said it was just 'wear and tear'.

I did wonder if my pain was this:

My pain kept me awake at night.

Could also be sciatica, had this few months back hurt like hell sometimes, pain went from buttock area right down right leg.

Better to get proper diagnosis, own gp requested MRI scan for my complaint just to rule out back problems.

I had a thigh pain in my right thigh for about six months. It went away when I got my blood sugar down. It might be a type of neuropathy? My GP said it was just 'wear and tear'.

I did wonder if my pain was this:

My pain kept me awake at night.
Thankyou for answering. I am wondering if mine is that too. I'm currently on 1000mg metformin. I know my readings will be high when I go next for bloods. I really do need to lower it by trying low/no carbs. It's so hard though. I'm hoping they don't add another tablet to my metformin if it's high. I want a chance to lower it with my diet. Thanks again

Thankyou for answering. I am wondering if mine is that too. I'm currently on 1000mg metformin. I know my readings will be high when I go next for bloods. I really do need to lower it by trying low/no carbs. It's so hard though. I'm hoping they don't add another tablet to my metformin if it's high. I want a chance to lower it with my diet. Thanks again
What sort of amount of carbs are you having at the moment as NO carbs is virtually impossible and difficult to sustain. Opting for a level of carbs your body can tolerate would hopefully give more positive results. If you have a blood glucose monitor then you have to tools to determine what that amount is by testing before you eat and after 2 hours, an increase of less than 3mmol/l would indicate you are on the right track.

What sort of amount of carbs are you having at the moment as NO carbs is virtually impossible and difficult to sustain. Opting for a level of carbs your body can tolerate would hopefully give more positive results. If you have a blood glucose monitor then you have to tools to determine what that amount is by testing before you eat and after 2 hours, an increase of less than 3mmol/l would indicate you are on the right track.
At the moment my meals are usually.. Breakfast Blueberries with Greek yogurt. Lunch is either salad and baked potato, omelette or crackers with ham and tomato. Tea /evening meal is usually either steak, chicken with mushrooms, asparagus, chips which are made in my actifry machine. I am usually out for a meal with family on the weekend so then it's really difficult to choose what to eat. I've not really been testing my bloods with the finger monitor as it's usually between 8 or 12 at various times. I know this should be lower.

At the moment my meals are usually.. Breakfast Blueberries with Greek yogurt. Lunch is either salad and baked potato, omelette or crackers with ham and tomato. Tea /evening meal is usually either steak, chicken with mushrooms, asparagus, chips which are made in my actifry machine. I am usually out for a meal with family on the weekend so then it's really difficult to choose what to eat. I've not really been testing my bloods with the finger monitor as it's usually between 8 or 12 at various times. I know this should be lower.
Also is it just before meals I should test and exactly 2 hours after eating?

Also is it just before meals I should test and exactly 2 hours after eating?
The normal time is just before and 2 hours after the first bite.
I suspect from the foods you are having it is more than 50g carbs per day.
It would be worth you keeping a food diary with some estimates of the carbs as it is east to under estimate if you don't weigh your portions.
Eating out is more tricky as portions are sometimes huge.

The normal time is just before and 2 hours after the first bite.
I suspect from the foods you are having it is more than 50g carbs per day.
It would be worth you keeping a food diary with some estimates of the carbs as it is east to under estimate if you don't weigh your portions.
Eating out is more tricky as portions are sometimes huge.
Thankyou. I will start keeping a food diary. See if that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back