they blamed the diabeties..again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bex123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
on my previous post i put a few days ago i mentioned that i was tired all the time and feeling unwell , anyway since then i have felt alot worse and have been getting dizzy and feeling nauseous and my energy is non existent , i went to see the gp who was also worried and i have low blood pressure and told me to get a blood test done , i got the results today and everything is in tip tip condition and he said there is nothing wrong with me :( but he cant explain why i have low blood pressure , he said ' it must be the diabeties hat is making you feel ill'
GRRRR this makes me so angry , i feel awful and the gp is no help at all and the diabeties always gets the blame , never in 20 yrs of the 'D' have i ever felt this bad and i dont think it is the diabeties , and why are they doing nothing about my low blood pressure , i was told its just as dangerous to have low blood pressure as it is to have high bp ,
also really angry that i was offered happy pills , im not feeling depressed im feeling ill!!!!

Not heard of diabetes causing low bp myself but I may be wrong. More often than enough gp's will blame diabetes when they are scratching their heads and don't have a clue what is causing a condition, it's a easy cop-out and one which really infuriates me. Try seeing a different gp if you can and ask for a second opinion. Toby.

Forgot to mention Bex, I too have a similar experience of tiredness and fatigue, I am due to change over to levemir insulin next week to see if this improves my condition. I have used lantus since it's introduction and have a suspicion that this could be the cause of my symptom's, I may be proved wrong but after eliminating everything else I have nothing to lose. Toby.

Forgot to mention Bex, I too have a similar experience of tiredness and fatigue, I am due to change over to levemir insulin next week to see if this improves my condition. I have used lantus since it's introduction and have a suspicion that this could be the cause of my symptom's, I may be proved wrong but after eliminating everything else I have nothing to lose. Toby.

hmm yes i have heard of lantus causing problems with people before and changing to levemir sorts it out, unfortunatley its not the case for me i started on a pump a few months back so no need for the slow acting insuling anymore , so that not the prob with me , good thought though

If diabetes is responsible for low blood pressure, how come mine is high? How come my friend, who doesn't have diabetes, has low blood pressure? I think it always sounds a bit lazy to blame diabetes rather than looking for a possible alternative cause. What was your blood pressure, out of interest? And would that account for how you feel?

Here's a poem on the subject!

http://diabetespoetry.blogspot.com/2010/03/i-blame-you-diabetes.html

If diabetes is responsible for low blood pressure, how come mine is high? How come my friend, who doesn't have diabetes, has low blood pressure? I think it always sounds a bit lazy to blame diabetes rather than looking for a possible alternative cause. What was your blood pressure, out of interest? And would that account for how you feel?

apparently 60 over 70 , not that i know what that means but i was told it was very low , and doc was suprised i could walk into the doctors surgary , im not an expert at blood pressure so i dont even know what is supposed to be normal?

I love your poems - they are brill.

hmm yes i have heard of lantus causing problems with people before and changing to levemir sorts it out, unfortunatley its not the case for me i started on a pump a few months back so no need for the slow acting insuling anymore , so that not the prob with me , good thought though

Well we can definitely rule out lantus then!😱 Do ask for a second opinion from another gp. Toby.

apparently 60 over 70 , not that i know what that means but i was told it was very low , and doc was suprised i could walk into the doctors surgary , im not an expert at blood pressure so i dont even know what is supposed to be normal?

That is very low, and I've not heard of the first number being lower than the second (always get the two mixed up!). The ideal is 120/80, I believe. Mine was about 140/90 last time around I think.

That is very low, and I've not heard of the first number being lower than the second (always get the two mixed up!). The ideal is 120/80, I believe. Mine was about 140/90 last time around I think.

i dont know it might have been the other way round😱 it was definatley a 60 and a 70 involved though

Even if you have the two figures mixed up Bex that is a extremely low reading!😱 The bottom figure would be fine but the top figure is really really low, try buying a home blood pressure monitor and test your bp yourself at home, I seen them the other day in Lloyd's Chemists for around ?15. Keep a record of your own bp readings and take them along to your next appointment and show your gp, hope you get to the bottom of this problem soon. Toby.

I'm pretty sure dizziness and nausea are symptoms of low blood pressure. Sounds like you should go back to the doctors and explain that Diabetes has never made you feel like this before and you are sure it's something else. Sometimes you have to bug them 🙄.

Even if you have the two figures mixed up Bex that is a extremely low reading!😱 The bottom figure would be fine but the top figure is really really low, try buying a home blood pressure monitor and test your bp yourself at home, I seen them the other day in Lloyd's Chemists for around ?15. Keep a record of your own bp readings and take them along to your next appointment and show your gp, hope you get to the bottom of this problem soon. Toby.

If you do decide to get a meter, make sure it's one of the upper arm ones, not a wrist one - they're useless. I believe the best ones are ones that say they've been calibrated or something similar - means they are as good as the ones the doctors use.

thanks guys , i think before i go buying anything i'll bug the gp a bit more , there has got to be something they can do about my bp , if they keep fobbing me off , i'll make an appintment with my consultant using the excuse well the gp said it was my diabeties!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back