There coming back again..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steff

Little Miss Chatterbox
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Yet another hyper this afternoon stood up fell into the wall and practically knocked myself out good job im thick skinned as I felt nothing, i cant pinpoint what is wrong and i am certainly worrying because i cant feel when im high accept loss of balance this afternoon.
This diabetes can be so soul destroying me and the byetta have been getting on so well and i dont think it can be that, it is nothing im eating because i eat mostly the same thing every week i can tell you what im having for my tea the next 7 days it is that mundane,so a trip to the doctors is called for I think.

Oh dear - poor you:( Have you lost a lot of weight in a short time Steffie? I found this this in an article about Byetta:

"You may have a small or infrequent attack of hyperglycemic symptoms as your body loses weight and as your diabetics become under control. So it is best to monitor your health for all changes of body weight and blood sugar levels and report these changes to your doctor." it is from here:

http://www.diabeticlive.com/diabetes-101/medications/byetta/

If so maybe you have been too good! Let us know how you get on xxx

hiya steffie , sorry your not feeling that good , dont know mucho about treatment for type 2 but definatley sounds like a trip to the doc would be a good idea

hope you get the bottom of it soon x

Oh dear - poor you:( Have you lost a lot of weight in a short time Steffie? I found this this in an article about Byetta:

"You may have a small or infrequent attack of hyperglycemic symptoms as your body loses weight and as your diabetics become under control. So it is best to monitor your health for all changes of body weight and blood sugar levels and report these changes to your doctor." it is from here:

http://www.diabeticlive.com/diabetes-101/medications/byetta/

If so maybe you have been too good! Let us know how you get on xxx

Hi thanks Lesley looks very interesting, i have lost approx 12 lb between june and july .

can't offer any advice obout hypers, just hope you sort them out soonish and resist the temptation to fall into walls!

Take care

Rossi

I wonder if you're coming down with something? That would have an effect on your blood sugar, and maybe combined with the weight loss this is what is causing these exceptional highs. I think if it continues tomorrow it's worth a trip to see doctor or DSN. Hope you are back to good levels by then though! 🙂

I think a trip to your dr is a very good idea, you may have an underlying infection somewhere.. it is worrying when you get hypers and don't feel anything, I was surprised a couple of months ago when I had a reading of 28.9 and I felt fine, I had washed my hands and checked it again, I used to be really sleepy and fall asleep at the drop of a hat at 12 once upon a time. I found this on byetta and hypers. Dizziness can be a result of having a hyper, so maybe when you stand up you are dizzy and that causes the fall..

High Blood Sugar and Byetta
Even in people with well-controlled diabetes, high blood sugar is possible. For example, fever, infections, injury, or surgery can temporarily increase blood sugar levels in people with diabetes, regardless of the medicine they are taking. In these situations, Byetta may not be enough to treat your diabetes, and the use of insulin may be required. Contact your healthcare provider if you have a fever, infection, injury, or will be having surgery. Also, you should contact your healthcare provider immediately if you notice any possible high blood sugar symptoms. These include, but are not limited to:

Increased hunger
Increased thirst
Increased urination
Blurred vision
Fatigue
Shortness of breath
Nausea or vomiting.

Byetta and Managing Blood Sugar
Low and high blood sugar levels are known problems in some people taking Byetta. They can cause serious or even life-threatening complications. Because prevention is the best treatment, anyone taking Byetta should be aware that low blood sugar (if they are taking Byetta with other diabetes medication) or high blood sugar levels are possibilities. They should know the possible signs and symptoms of high or low blood sugar and know what to do if these symptoms occur. Finally, it is important that they know how to check their blood sugar levels.

Bummer steff trip to dr's fer you, 😱 hope u feel/get better soon 🙂

Everyone's already said what I would say! 🙂 But I will say congrats on the wait loss (seriously jealous!) and hope you feel a lot better soon! 🙂

I think a trip to your dr is a very good idea, you may have an underlying infection somewhere.. it is worrying when you get hypers and don't feel anything, I was surprised a couple of months ago when I had a reading of 28.9 and I felt fine, I had washed my hands and checked it again, I used to be really sleepy and fall asleep at the drop of a hat at 12 once upon a time. I found this on byetta and hypers. Dizziness can be a result of having a hyper, so maybe when you stand up you are dizzy and that causes the fall..

High Blood Sugar and Byetta
Even in people with well-controlled diabetes, high blood sugar is possible. For example, fever, infections, injury, or surgery can temporarily increase blood sugar levels in people with diabetes, regardless of the medicine they are taking. In these situations, Byetta may not be enough to treat your diabetes, and the use of insulin may be required. Contact your healthcare provider if you have a fever, infection, injury, or will be having surgery. Also, you should contact your healthcare provider immediately if you notice any possible high blood sugar symptoms. These include, but are not limited to:

Increased hunger
Increased thirst
Increased urination
Blurred vision
Fatigue
Shortness of breath
Nausea or vomiting.

Byetta and Managing Blood Sugar
Low and high blood sugar levels are known problems in some people taking Byetta. They can cause serious or even life-threatening complications. Because prevention is the best treatment, anyone taking Byetta should be aware that low blood sugar (if they are taking Byetta with other diabetes medication) or high blood sugar levels are possibilities. They should know the possible signs and symptoms of high or low blood sugar and know what to do if these symptoms occur. Finally, it is important that they know how to check their blood sugar levels.

thanks squidge that is very good of you , x

Oh Steffie - get off to the docs for some piece of mind. Sorry you feel so bad.
Is the wall okay?

The other thing I would consider over food illness etc, is your injection sites. I know that you have not been injecting byetta long - but it must be possible to get scar tissue like those of us injecting insulin. Do you move where you inject or is it always in the same place ?

Hope you will get back to normal soon

The other thing I would consider over food illness etc, is your injection sites. I know that you have not been injecting byetta long - but it must be possible to get scar tissue like those of us injecting insulin. Do you move where you inject or is it always in the same place ?

Hope you will get back to normal soon

Hi Margie I tend to inject in my tummy i chnaged to my thigh for 3 days but it was hurting and the bruising was bad, but thank you for that suggestion x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back