Theater calls cops on diabetic man for bringing in strawberries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
That’s bananas!

A Brooklyn movie house in health-food-centric Park Slope called the cops on a diabetic customer — just because he was munching strawberries that were sold outside the cinema.

“It was embarrassing. I didn’t expect it. Two police officers came and told me to leave with a full theater of people watching. I said ‘Is this for real?’ and they said, ‘Yes, you have to leave,’ ” said Michael Kass, a 41-year-old financial analyst.

Kass, who has Type 2 diabetes, couldn’t eat the junk food for sale at the Park Slope Pavilion, so he brought a carton of prewashed strawberries to keep his insulin level in check during a showing of “Divergent” on Sunday, he said.

http://nypost.com/2014/03/28/theater-calls-cops-on-diabetic-man-with-strawberries/

Wouldn't be going back there ! 😱 Just cos they where not making money 😱

UNbelieveable!!!!!

I can not understand why a type 2 needs to eat strawberries to keep his blood sugars level for such a short time during a film.
Perhaps if he that desperate to eat, then eat something slow acting before he went in?

I would suspect there's a bit more to it than has been let on.

I can not understand why a type 2 needs to eat strawberries to keep his blood sugars level for such a short time during a film.
Perhaps if he that desperate to eat, then eat something slow acting before he went in?

I would suspect there's a bit more to it than has been let on.

To true if i had took strawberries in with me Id of been hyper by end of the film, the press only pick out the bits they want you to know, so as Sue says they will be more then meets the eye to this

Isn't there a crime on the books called 'wasting police time'? That theatre should be billed for the woodentops' services.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back