The tea cure

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlisonM

Much missed Moderator
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Well not a cure, but a help perhaps. Being from up North and of a certain generation, I'm what's known here as a 'tea-wife'. I drink loads of the stuff. It seemed to me that the more I drank, the lower my numbers. So, these last few days I've been experimenting on myself. For two days I had at least a litre and a half* and my numbers stayed below 9 with a low of 4.3, then a day with no tea, 😱 a high of 12.6.

This not a 'rigorous' experiment of course, but if there are any other tea drinkers out there, maybe you could try it too. I don't know if the kind of tea matters but I've been drinking Whittards Earl Grey with semi-skimmed and no sugar.

* I have a large vacuum flask I fill in the morning and have cups at regular intervals, especially with meals.

I havent tried tea but I have gone decaf on coffee as more than 2 cups made me feel worse than normal. I have 1 cup of tea a day and seem ok with that.

Is the rest of your fluid intake the same or are you drinking less on the days your tea intake is high? could it just be fluid in general?

Interesting experiment & great that it works for you :D Maybe a cuppa really does solve everything like everyone says

I usually try to drink around 2.5 litres of fluids a day, including the tea, making the rest up with water and fruit juice. My total fluid intake on the day I didn't have tea was about the same, I just had more water,

I usually try to drink around 2.5 litres of fluids a day, including the tea, making the rest up with water and fruit juice. My total fluid intake on the day I didn't have tea was about the same, I just had more water,

Must be the tea working for you. Nice:D

UGH!! I detest tea!! But it certainly sounds interesting.

Wish someone would invent chocolate/bread and butter/cake that magically brought your levels down !! :D

xx

Wish someone would invent chocolate/bread and butter/cake that magically brought your levels down !! :D

xx
I'm working on it as we speak! 😎

I'll happily volunteer too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back