The Sun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotchop

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Does this scorching weather have an impact on bg levels?

mine keep rising and rising..... 9.9 this morning, 8.9, 8.8, 8.5, 8.8 previous days.... if anything, im eating better so im sure its not food related

Im a retail manager and the air con has been vandalised by yobs ( twice!).

Work wont pay another 12k to pay for a new system... its boiling hot there with avarage temps 35 C... this morning will be nearly 40C im sure...

I have already raised the issue with them and they have provided a load or circulating air fans... If they pay another 12k, it will wipe out any profit the store has made and probably put us on a closure list, whick i dont want!

would this be a contributing factor in my rising levels, the heat?

many thanks

Goodness, that must be unbearable :( In the wonderful way that diabetes works, some people find that a change in temperature makes their levels rise whilst others find them falling. I'm one of the latter - hot weather means I need less insulin and I'm more likely to drop low. I think it's a very individual thing. It must also be stressful working in such conditions, so perhaps it is the stress that is making your levels climb?

Just a suggestion as it has been quite hot, are you and the staff allowed to take discreet sips of water while on the shop floor? Or perhaps you could organise it so there are more frequent short breaks to get away from the heat a bit?

Things like air conditioning are important for everyones comfort levels. I hope the company can find the funds to fix it without putting jobs at risk.

when the heat rises my levels rise. it must have something to do with the way the body sweats because when i drink plenty of water on hot days it stays level,

i have to change graham insuline at school because is too hot is having 2 hypo a day in school time so the sun definitly make a change for graham

I love the hot weather i can have less insulin or more food haha as the insulin works quicker for me in the heat.

Sucks that yours is higher.

What happens when its cold?

x

WOW what a day today......... i think ive lost a stone in weight, its so hot heheheh

yes I can drink and eat to my hearts content at work. I dont find that drinking water lowers my levels. I was 13.2 before lunch time and was too nervous to test 2 hours post!

When I finished work around 6pm, it was still 34C........... its not even full swing summer yet...

as for my levels in the cold, I dont know, I was diagnosed in January and didnt start insulin until April

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back