The strangest things we eat

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1

SB2015

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
At college I used to do toast topped with fish fingers, tomatoes and cheese!!
Haven’t thought to try it since then, and not to planning now.

Now I find peanut butter and marmite creeps into most of my sandwiches.

A favourite lunch is two crumpets, one with marmite peanut butter and cheese, the other with honey. A bit over my target of 30 g of carbs but well worth those couple extra.

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1

Ljc

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA

Ljc

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
At college I used to do toast topped with fish fingers, tomatoes and cheese!!
Haven’t thought to try it since then, and not to planning now.

A favourite lunch is two crumpets, one with marmite peanut butter and cheese, the other with honey. A bit over my target of 30 g of carbs but well worth those couple extra.
I love a fish finger, tomato and cheese sarnie.

I couldn’t adulterate peanut butter with yucky marmite sorry

Sujo

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
i did an interesting thread about the strangest drinks we have this time it is about the weird and wonderful food we eat. (strangest foods we eat)

i will start it off. years ago i loved my curries and only made curry sandwiches was a bit difficult eating them with the rice dropping out of them. i also loved to make pork pie sandwiches, loved it covered in brown sauce. one of my favourites had to be pizza sandwich those small pizza you can buy.
Bread and dripping with salt, now that takes me back to my childhood in the North East. My brother and I used to fight over the beef essence in the bottom of the bowl that was always called beef tea.

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
as separate items? Save yourself buying 2 products and buy the marmite peanut butter lol xx

silentsquirrel

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Bread and dripping with salt, now that takes me back to my childhood in the North East. My brother and I used to fight over the beef essence in the bottom of the bowl that was always called beef tea.
Standard fare in the 50s, 60s, not strange at all! Usually toast for us rather than bread "Gubbins" at the bottom of the dripping bowl definitely the best bit.

Ljc

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA

Grldtnr

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
For a forum , primarily associated with healthy eating to control our carbs, this is getting rather unhealthy.
But, that's the point isn't it, irrascibly 'orrible flavour combo's to satiate our carby cravings , bugger it !
Yer got to say rissoles to be a culinary goody goody, and live a little, tho' gotta say some have truly obnoxious tastes!

rebrascora

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
For a forum , primarily associated with healthy eating to control our carbs, this is getting rather unhealthy.
But, that's the point isn't it, irrascibly 'orrible flavour combo's to satiate our carby cravings , bugger it !
Yer got to say rissoles to be a culinary goody goody, and live a little, tho' gotta say some have truly obnoxious tastes!
Oh Yes!! Rissole sarnies with my mam's homemade (of course almost everything was homemade back then) rhubarb chutney! Now that has really sparked some good memories!

Ljc

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Didn't one of the 'Perishers' of the cartoob strip in the mirror have a liking for Ketchup sarnies?
That’s right , it was that that gave me the idea. I was hooked after the first bite, mine weren’t inch thick though.
Oh the memories.

Ditto

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Used to luv both condensed milk and sugar butties. We were forbidden the condensed milk really, as they needed it for the teas if the stera ran out. Milk bottle left in full view on the table. Ha! I need to read all my Perishers books again. :D Marlon always used to catch out Wellington with the inch thick ketchup sarnies.