The strangest things we eat

mikeydt1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
i did an interesting thread about the strangest drinks we have this time it is about the weird and wonderful food we eat. (strangest foods we eat)

i will start it off. years ago i loved my curries and only made curry sandwiches was a bit difficult eating them with the rice dropping out of them. i also loved to make pork pie sandwiches, loved it covered in brown sauce. one of my favourites had to be pizza sandwich those small pizza you can buy.

mark king

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
weird or what mikeydt1

Mine is hot buttered toast smothered in marmite with tomato sauce drizzled over, it's that sweet and sour combo that is so attractive.
Another is toast or bread but smear meat dripping after cooking and once it has set on and add salt and pepper to taste.

Both are very yummy in my book.

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Haven't done any of these in years obvs but

golden syrup and cheese on a piece or toast
onion pie on a piece
instant noodles with tons of extra mature cheddar
tangy tom sandwich
tuna sandwiches dipped into tomato soup

there are probably others lol
xx

Spozkins

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I used to love supernoodles with cheese in a sandwich. So unhealthy and carb dense - I'd never eat it now.

Used to have a friend that drank gravy - not sure if that's a strangest food or drink thread but heyho.

Last edited:

Stitch147

Relationship to Diabetes
MODY
Peanut butter and cucumber. Either on toast or dipping cucumber sticks in a jar of peanut butter.

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Peanut butter and cucumber. Either on toast or dipping cucumber sticks in a jar of peanut butter.
Might have to get some cucumber and give that a go, pretty sure there's a jar of PB at Bruce's belonging me xx

Leadinglights

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
My 4 year old granddaughter is addicted to celery boiled with a stock cube, weird or what for a child.
Can't beat Christmas cake with a crumbly Lancashire cheese or a strawberry jam and cheese sandwich.

Ljc

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
I’ve not done this for years. Eat a Mars bar while drinking @ hot coffee.
No other foods that I feel are strange together but
I love cold food that’s usually eaten hot ie , chips, some fish esp cod roe, baked beans , roast taters and loads more

Paulbreen

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
As a kid toast, butter, strawberry jam and a hard boiled egg sliced on it was a favourite treat, still eat the odd one today

Lisa66

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Some of these do make me think “really?!”, although don’t knock it until you’ve tried it I guess.:)

I do sometimes have turmeric on my porridge...actually I quite fancy that now.

goodybags

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I remember as a Kid we were sometimes allowed dripping on toast (sprinkled with salt)
more recently the strangest thing I’ve eaten is marmite on toast topped with marmalade (low sugar marmalade)

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
What on earth is 'Onion Pie' Kaylz?
Ermm, the best way to describe it would be like a Scotch pie but the meat is much softer than that of a Scotch pie mixed with loads of onion xx

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1

Robin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Can't beat Christmas cake with a crumbly Lancashire cheese
Seconded! My mother always made a huge Christmas cake, and used to give me a good wedge to take home after I’d visited. That and a slab of cheese used to keep me going for lunches for months. I used to eat it with Cheddar, but have since seen the error of my ways. It has got to be Lancashire! (I’m now married to a Preston born man).

RirisR

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Bread and butter with cheese and onion crisp sandwich was something
I loved in the days when I was normal thats probably why Im not now ..lol

mikeydt1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
two other sandwiches i used to have were meatball sandwich that seemed to have caught on with Subways and the other was ravioli had trouble with the latter as it used to slide out.

nonethewiser

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Mine is hot buttered toast smothered in marmite with tomato sauce drizzled over, it's that sweet and sour combo that is so attractive.

Sounds nice not strange.

Like hot toasted buttered roll with marmite on top slice cheese spread on bottom half, in between what's left of boiled eggs after dipping toast, delicious. Have this least once a week.