The secret life of a dentist: some patients think superglue will fix their toothache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
“I can’t imagine anything worse than staring into someone’s mouth all day,” the man growls disdainfully from the dental chair. Personally I think that feet would be much worse. After quoting him the standard cost of an NHS filling, he grumbles, “I bet that will help towards your Ferrari.”

I am definitely not poor, but I am not driving a Ferrari either, nor holidaying every month on sun-soaked islands. I work extremely hard for a living, sometimes doing 11-hour days to relieve as many cases of toothache as I can physically squeeze in. And a decade before my career even began I was studying furiously while many my age were out partying. So I think it is fair to say that I have earned my salary.

Being a dentist can be fantastically rewarding when you manage to transform someone’s smile, enabling them to find a partner with their newfound confidence, or simply helping them to eat their favourite chewy foods again.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/06/secret-life-dentist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back