'The Pissing Evile'

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I have more research to do on this - please see blog post 'Post-Medievalist discovers 'The Pissing Evile', but this was the term used during the seventeenth century for diabetes! And because diabetics urinated alot. I'm totally amazed at this, and by their ways of treating the disease...by letting them die :( the ways of treatment were basically to starve the diabetic person which prolonged their lives by just a tiny bit, but obviously DKA isn't nice...and well, you get the picture.

I do think its a brilliant way of referring to diabetes though! I think I've found my new name for it!

I'll be heading to the library in the next few weeks to have a read up on this. It's got my 17th century brain (cogs, lol) working again!

I have more research to do on this - please see blog post 'Post-Medievalist discovers 'The Pissing Evile', but this was the term used during the seventeenth century for diabetes! And because diabetics urinated alot. I'm totally amazed at this, and by their ways of treating the disease...by letting them die :( the ways of treatment were basically to starve the diabetic person which prolonged their lives by just a tiny bit, but obviously DKA isn't nice...and well, you get the picture.

I do think its a brilliant way of referring to diabetes though! I think I've found my new name for it!

I'll be heading to the library in the next few weeks to have a read up on this. It's got my 17th century brain (cogs, lol) working again!

Given that I spent about 15 mins of my 4 hour shift in the loo tonight, I kinda like that name too!! Not sure how that goes for registering for DDA at work tho'..... 😉

The Pissing Evile... I love it!! I guess those that had the pissing evile in the seventeenth century didnt have much of a life expectancy then. Makes you realise that things could definetely be worse...

I have more research to do on this - please see blog post 'Post-Medievalist discovers 'The Pissing Evile', but this was the term used during the seventeenth century for diabetes! !

And of course the Ancient Greek docs described diabetes as " the body turns to urine and is pissed away".

The old docs tested for diabetes by sipping the urine - for sweetness.

Nurses until recently ( possibly still do ) dipped a finger in urine and licked it to test for sugars.

I watched a programme about what happened before insulin. There was a princess who lived quite awhile on a strict diet. Can't remember where I saw it, think it was on the internet somewhere.

sound like a good name for a band 'The pissing eviles' have to be a punk band!
or medievel folk....

For as long as I can remember I've had to get out of bed at night to use the bathroom, so Pissing Evil is a brilliant name.

For as long as I can remember I've had to get out of bed at night to use the bathroom, so Pissing Evil is a brilliant name.

So for the likes of me who's been told that I'm "mildly" diabetic it would be Pissing Annoying??!! :D

hahaha great name read someway that docs used to taste the pee to check for diabetes yuck

Love it, the pissing eviles... and def a great name for a band whose members are pissing evilists lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back