The Outlaw Triathlon on the Telly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Hobson

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Coverage of the 2017 Outlaw Triathlon is to be televised on Channel 4 on Saturday September 2nd at 07:00. The event is condensed into an hour long program and I shall be watching intently in case I appear for a fiftieth of a second. In the unlikely event that anyone else wants to look out for me, I was race number 1158 and look a bit like Patrick Stewart.

Edited for schedule change:
Channel 4, Sunday September 3rd at 06:40

Last edited:
Will try to watch, as I know other competitors and officials. Could you remind us on Fri 1st Sept, please?

Here then is your reminder that the Outlaw is to be on Channel 4 at 7am tomorrow. In addition to the details already mentioned, I was riding a lime green and white Planet X road bike. My cycling top was blue, white and pink and bears the legend "It's amazing what you can do on a bike" on the back and "Never stop pushing" on the front. My cycle helmet is white. My tri-suit is a black, white and blue Speedo. On the run I don't wear a hat and carry a High 5 drinks bottle in my left hand.

Argh. I got up specially to watch it and found out that it is on at 06:40 tomorrow. I don't know why it has moved, we double checked that we had the time right originally. Never mind, I'll just have to wait a little longer.

That's good news for me, as it means I can watch tomorrow when I'm back home. Going to watch Sprint Triathlon Relays in Nottingham this afternoon, which is going to be televised on BBC1, I believe. Going to do a tourist parkrun, so must get my breakfast before friends get up.

I've watched it now and didn't manage to spot myself anywhere. Wife Liz was spotted on the sidelines of the bike section though.

Sorry you didn't see yourself, but with about 1000 triathletes, not all could be featured.
I felt it was good coverage of the event. I was in same area - Victoria Embankment, suspension foot bridge etc in Nottingham- yesterday afternoon to watch Sprint Triathlon Relays, which was very well run for spectators. I didn't watch the mass participation triathlon in the morning, as I chose to do a parkrun, then walk round Attenborough Nature Reserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back