The number is finally up for 'cruel and incompetent' Iain Duncan Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Since being appointed as Work and Pensions Secretary in 2010, Iain Duncan Smith has had so many problems with statistics it?s earned him the nickname ?Iain?s Dodgy Stats?.

From November 2010, when he was caught out using figures from the website findaproperty.com instead of his own DWP statisticians, to his claim in May 2013 that the benefit cap had driven 8,000 people back to work, he has been censured by bodies including the Office for National Statistics.

This summer, two disabled women ? Jayne Linney, 51, a grandmother from Leicester, and Debbie Sayers, 49, a mum from Cornwall ? decided enough was enough.

?We felt dodgy stats were being used to take away people?s benefits,? Jayne says, helped into the Commons by Tony, her disabled partner and full-time carer.

?The way ministers tell the story affects how people see our lives. It is one thing to live with the physical challenges of a disability - it is quite another to hear misinformation every day from our own government.?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/how-iain-duncan-smiths-inaccurate-2809297

I wish I could believe that this will actually stop them misrepresenting figures, but we all know it won't. Still, I hope it at least makes them squirm a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back