The not so scientific test on Tea at the Savoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordburnside

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
He/Him
At 3pm today I was having afternoon tea at the Thames Foyer in the Savoy Hotel (a treat).
Started with a glass of Laurent Perrier champagne as you do!
Four sandwiches (with crusts off) with various fillings coronation chicken, cucumber, salmon etc. Probably all 4 would equate to one of my normal sandwiches.
A plain and a fruit scone next with clotted cream and jam and/or lemon curd. These were delicious - clotted cream is the way forward! I used all the jam!
Followed by 4 smallish cakes which were beautiful and not too sweet but bad enough for a diabetic.
All washed down with Savoy indian afternoon tea poured for you by a very attractive young lady! She was sweeter than the cakes!

BG at start was 6.6. BG after sandwiches and champagne 8.6. After all consumed 10.6. Now BG is 9 and dropping quickly after 2 hours 30 mins.

Not a bad result but I put it down to small portions and a walk to the Tube.

Wow some result, sounds like you had a lovely time, still very envious, perhaps one day.

At 3pm today I was having afternoon tea at the Thames Foyer in the Savoy Hotel (a treat).
Started with a glass of Laurent Perrier champagne as you do!
Four sandwiches (with crusts off) with various fillings coronation chicken, cucumber, salmon etc. Probably all 4 would equate to one of my normal sandwiches.
A plain and a fruit scone next with clotted cream and jam and/or lemon curd. These were delicious - clotted cream is the way forward! I used all the jam!
Followed by 4 smallish cakes which were beautiful and not too sweet but bad enough for a diabetic.
All washed down with Savoy indian afternoon tea poured for you by a very attractive young lady! She was sweeter than the cakes!

BG at start was 6.6. BG after sandwiches and champagne 8.6. After all consumed 10.6. Now BG is 9 and dropping quickly after 2 hours 30 mins.

Not a bad result but I put it down to small portions and a walk to the Tube.
Bought back fond memories of our staff Christmas dinner party which was always held at the Savoy in the 70's. Also having tea at Reids on Madeira!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back