The mysteries of diabetes for people of healthy weight

Swilko

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
My weight has remained constant since the date I was diagnosed in February 2014. No dieting or lifestyle changes however my weight did increase by a couple of kilograms over the last six months.

I was diagnosed with type 2 just over ten years ago with a HbA1c of 86 mmol and immediately prescribed glicazide which I happily took for about two and a half years as this reduced my HbA1c to the low 50s. However, I had to stop taking the glicazide tablets due to frequent hypos.

After that I was lucky to find an alternative treatment that had miraculously kept my HbA1c in the normal range and sometimes venturing into the pre-diabetic range. This happy situation continued for over seven years. I do recollect asking my diabetic nurse how it was possible for me to have achieved remission without loosing any weight and her reply was that although I had not lost a single pound in weight my waist measurement had reduced by 7cm. Shocked by her explanation I returned home to check my online medical records. I found to my astonishment that I had already achieved remission prior to the 7cm reduction in my waist measurement. So my question still remains unanswered as to how I achieved my remission unless of course it was due solely to the alternative treatment which was free of charge.

However, at the beginning of this year I had to stop practising this alternative treatment due to my travelling overseas. So, for all of this year, I have not been on my alternative treatment but my HbA1c has remained in the pre-diabetic range of 44 mmol in April but went up into the diabetic range of 49 in July despite having takeaway meals everyday for over six months. As far as I am aware this is not possible based on all that I have read. Am I just extremely lucky or is there something else going on?

Based on my personal experience, I am obviously hopeful that an effective treatment can be developed in the near future. I am convinced that it is not just a pipe dream. Come on scientists out there, get your skates on and find a cure or at least a more effective treatment for type 2s.

My weight has remained constant since the date I was diagnosed in February 2014. No dieting or lifestyle changes however my weight did increase by a couple of kilograms over the last six months.

I was diagnosed with type 2 just over ten years ago with a HbA1c of 86 mmol and immediately prescribed glicazide which I happily took for about two and a half years as this reduced my HbA1c to the low 50s. However, I had to stop taking the glicazide tablets due to frequent hypos.

After that I was lucky to find an alternative treatment that had miraculously kept my HbA1c in the normal range and sometimes venturing into the pre-diabetic range. This happy situation continued for over seven years. I do recollect asking my diabetic nurse how it was possible for me to have achieved remission without loosing any weight and her reply was that although I had not lost a single pound in weight my waist measurement had reduced by 7cm. Shocked by her explanation I returned home to check my online medical records. I found to my astonishment that I had already achieved remission prior to the 7cm reduction in my waist measurement. So my question still remains unanswered as to how I achieved my remission unless of course it was due solely to the alternative treatment which was free of charge.

However, at the beginning of this year I had to stop practising this alternative treatment due to my travelling overseas. So, for all of this year, I have not been on my alternative treatment but my HbA1c has remained in the pre-diabetic range of 44 mmol in April but went up into the diabetic range of 49 in July despite having takeaway meals everyday for over six months. As far as I am aware this is not possible based on all that I have read. Am I just extremely lucky or is there something else going on?

Based on my personal experience, I am obviously hopeful that an effective treatment can be developed in the near future. I am convinced that it is not just a pipe dream. Come on scientists out there, get your skates on and find a cure or at least a more effective treatment for type 2s.
What is the alternative method? There are many things that can impact on blood glucose levels.

In terms of body changes, when I was diagnosed I wasn't carrying a lot of extra weight, but I did have "love handles", which melted away quickly. My waist, whilst not a troublesome change didn't change for what seemed like ages, then one day I noticed my waist was much slimmer. Sometimes it takes our outsides a little while to catch up with the innards, in my experience.

What is the alternative method? There are many things that can impact on blood glucose levels.

In terms of body changes, when I was diagnosed I wasn't carrying a lot of extra weight, but I did have "love handles", which melted away quickly. My waist, whilst not a troublesome change didn't change for what seemed like ages, then one day I noticed my waist was much slimmer. Sometimes it takes our outsides a little while to catch up with the innards, in my experience.
I am sorry for not mentioning it earlier but thought I had already mentioned it in my earlier post. I ingest a pill containing cannabis oil every evening after dinner. Please do not confuse it with CBD or any other forms of cannabis. It is commonly also known as FECO (full extract cannabis oil) but the most common term of reference for this oil is called RSO (Rick Simpson Oil) after a Canadian man who introduced this concoction to help people suffering from cancer. I was lucky to have some available and was using it to help with my high blood pressure but it did nothing in lowering my blood pressure but it seemed to work very well for my blood sugar. Merely sharing my experience.

By the way, he has a website telling you how to make it with all the relevant information. That is why it is free.

Back