The management of Type 1 Diabetes and its impact on mental health

Status
Not open for further replies.

OliverJones.BU

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
He/Him
I would like to invite you to take part in a short research study regarding the management of Type 1 Diabetes and how it can impact mental health. The purpose of this project is to gain an understanding of the impact the management of Type 1 Diabetes has on mental health, in order to develop new methods of treatment. This study was taken into account with my own experiences and journey with Type 1 diabetes. I’m looking for Type 1 Diabetics between the ages of 18-25 [edit: upper limit now increased to 30], whilst also having the diagnosis for at least 2 years.

This will involve a 30-40 minute online written interview, that asks questions regarding how you have felt during the time of your diagnosis and how you feel about your management of Type 1 Diabetes currently. A link will be provided that leads to an online questionnaire that can be done at any time of your choosing

I am performing this study as a part of my degree at Bournemouth University, but most importantly to understand how others deal with the condition as a way of improving how I manage with it as well.

If you would like to take part please email me at s5405617@bournemouth.ac.uk, and you will be provided with an information sheet and an agreement form.

This study has been approved by Mike @everydayupsanddowns

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah with that age group you might want to try instagram as that’s where all the young ones are. Good luck

How about up to 67? Would there be a big difference in expectations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back