The magical dissapearing carbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
This is odd, and Northe will know via twitter that this happened last week to me too after eating very much the same meal. (I think...)

Dinner tonight was Pasanda curry.

Worked out that on a 1:9 ratio, knocked back due to the heat, that I would have 11u. Decided to split it 6/5

Well, its 4 hours and 45 minutes since I've eaten, I've only had 6u (plus 1.5u for my yogurt afterwards), and my BG is still at 5.2

What on earth is going on?! Could it be the heat and could I need to drop my ratios back even more at dinner time? Part of me is worrying that I could be the P word - though i'd say its pretty much impossible as we are beyond careful and just...no. I thought it could be the fat content and the rice playing havok (it was basmati, and the pasanda sauce is obv quite fatty - its peanut based though so maybe thats something to do with it?) but surely after 4.45 hours levels would be rising?

so far I've been
4.7 6.45pm
6.5 8.35pm
5.9 9.06pm (with levemir, could this be the reason?)
6.3 9.27pm
5.2 11.21pm

I'm baffled, hence testing so much :confused:

Any ideas?

You sure you didn't have a spike between 7 and 8pm? Apart from that great readings! I've just tested and I'm at 8.2 so I guess I'm ok for bed and it must have been the KitKat:D
Do you goto bed with a reading of 5.2?

You sure you didn't have a spike between 7 and 8pm? Apart from that great readings! I've just tested and I'm at 8.2 so I guess I'm ok for bed and it must have been the KitKat:D
Do you goto bed with a reading of 5.2?

But the wierd thing is, I've only had half my insulin :confused: I doubt very much I've had a spike tbh with you...usually this meal (ok, so usually its korma, but tesco mucked up and delivered the wrong sauce...) usually sends me to about 12 or so :/

No, I wouldn't feel safe going to bed on a level of 5.2 - I'm too paranoid of night time hypos :(

Finally!!!

Here comes a very very late spike. I will hang on for it to get a little higher then take the rest :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back