The latest news...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freddie99

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Ok, just had an e-mail from the DSN. The dates with Medtronic have been confirmed. The downside however is that I won't get the CGM due to costs and their accuracy or more accurately their perceived lack of accuracy. I'm not too fussed about it but I'm seriously considering funding it myself.

Tom - thats brilliant news!🙂

Who is it saying the cgms isnt accurate? I am sure medtronic would be interested to know why they think this.😱Bev

Tom - thats brilliant news!🙂

Who is it saying the cgms isnt accurate? I am sure medtronic would be interested to know why they think this.😱Bev

My consultant reckons that their accuraccy is dubious, he's one of the old school but knows everything there is to know as far as I can make out. If he's said that I'm willing to rely on that.

You use them with A don't you Bev? What are your experiences thus far with them?

Excellent, Tom!

Re sensors, we only had them one week, and found in that time that they were within 1-5mmols of accuracy... So we didn't feel we could use them to make any actual dosing decisions or anything (anyway I don't think you are ever supposed to do that)...What they helped with for us was tracking trends or general movement -- which was always accurate, as far as we could tell. It definitely reduced the number of finger pricks needed, a touching base kind of thing -- which we really loved as parents.

E was less keen on it, was annoyed by its lack of real accuracy and found it a hassle.

Saying that: we are now pursuing them again through our local team. We are up every night at the moment, and E's levels are so all over (due to growth) that we think to be able to do a quick check in the day or night would save his fingers a bit, and our constant trauma having to poke him...

That's our story anyway. Bev and Adrienne will be able to offer a lot more.

Thanks Patricia,

I think I'm done growing so five foot short arse I shall stay at! I think I might fund them myself for a little to use as you said you do for finding patterns.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back