The Lasette device - can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

worldofskin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how to obtain a Lasette device (a single shot laser that makes a small hole in the finger to obtain a drop of blood)? I never knew they existed (if, indeed, they still do...!) until the other day, when I read about them in a Diabetes UK book at the library. The book said that a company called Nutech International distributes the device in the UK but their website no longer seems to exist...

The Lasette is mentioned on quite a few websites online but I noticed that most of these mentions seem to be years old - does the device not exist anymore? I'm very confused!

If anyone has any information, I would really appreciate it. Or, of course, if anyone knows of anything similar...?

(http://www.diabetes.org.uk/en/Guide...tes-extra-pages/Lasette_blood_sampling_device - information about it on the Diabetes UK website)

I've never heard of it, it might be worth contacting some of the other companies to see if the make one or something similar. The other alternative is to see if Diabetes UK has any more information or a mor eupt to date website.

hi and welcome to the site skin

I have tryed looking also and all i can find is amercian sites saying it is available i tryed that website and all i keep getting is this does not exist anymore i must admit i have never heard of it until you mentioned it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back