The King's Fund - ICBs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proud to be erratic

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm posting this partly because of today's other thread raised by @Martin.A about "Our Future Health" research mailshot.

Since the formal change from Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) [which I have previously, wrongly, been calling Cost Centre Groups] to the larger Integrated Care Boards (ICBs) for the overview of our health care in England, I have been periodically trying to find out more about my regional ICB - with limited success. While following a small succession of links I arrived at a website for The Kings Fund. I did notice that they have an expensive and prestigious address in Central London and seem to have 100 members of staff to do what they do, along with a 20 strong Trustee board. But they are claiming to be an independent charity, so I assume they can justify their running costs (if there is somewhere that scrutinises such things).

Other than a brief look this morning at what they do, I know nothing else about them and had not previously heard of them. They did provide a fuller and frankly more helpful explanation about why it was felt necessary to move from CCGs to ICBs - in pursuit of meeting changing needs and increased awareness of inadequate social support alongside more extensive primary care requirements. We live in a changing world with a UK poulation that is ageing and increasing numbers with multiple co-morbidities; so that broadly makes sense. For anyone interested here is a link to that explanation.

There seem to be other articles on their website that folks might find interesting.

For the moderators, apologies if this is not in an ideal place. Please feel free to put wherever is best; thanks.

I should have done a search on this forum before posting the message above. I see there are numerous references to The Kings Fund commenting on aspects of our medical care, going back many years.

The King's Fund have been around for decades.
Yes, since 1897. So they precede the NHS. There are a series of blog posts providing summaries of key periods over their first 120 years.

I hear them interviewed occasionally on the radio when healthcare stories are in the news @Proud to be erratic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back