The key to preventing a stroke? One coffee and four cups of green tea a day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
When it comes to choosing between tea or coffee, the best answer may be to opt for both.
Scientists have found that individuals who enjoy a daily cup of coffee were 20 per cent less likely to have a stroke compared to those who shunned the drink.
And those that drank at least four cups of green tea a day also benefitted from a similarly reduced stroke risk.
But as the popular beverages are thought to protect against the often fatal condition in different ways, the study suggests regularly drinking both could provide the greatest benefit.
Researchers looked at the drinking habits of almost 84,000 Japanese adults over a 13-year period.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...coffee-cups-green-tea-day-say-scientists.html

I love coffee and have 1 - 2 cups a day, but green tea......eeeew!!! :D

Humph to late for OH he already had stroke, he drinks coffee about 5 times a day and would Never ever touch green tea do go figure

This will probably be debunked on NHS Choices. I can already see that this was based on the Japanese, and their diet/lifestyle/genetic factors may not be the same as the UK population. Another example Daily Fail sensationalist pap!

This will probably be debunked on NHS Choices. I can already see that this was based on the Japanese, and their diet/lifestyle/genetic factors may not be the same as the UK population. Another example Daily Fail sensationalist pap!

Yes, I thought that as soon as I read the headline! 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back