The joys of things of changing factors

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayray119

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
Sorry if i seem to exviselly posting Lately that want i do my body actully wants the opposite. If wait before eating after give insullin i should have eaten stight away if i dont wait i should have if i do wait i shouldn't have. When i spilt dose i didnt need to when i taken all the insullin i shouldn't at once i should have spit dosed. When i eat 2 jelly babies to treat/feed off a hypo ive needed 3 or 4 when i eat 3 i only needed 2. Really fun this do the job of your pancras stuff 🙂

I agree that it is remarkably complicated. I have observed on many occasions that, contrary to my understanding, increasing insulin dosage has resulted in a rise is blood sugar, reducing dosage has resulted in a fall. My explanation, so far as it goes, is that our response to a trend tends to be less than what is required (though sometimes too much, and that is a different matter). I am currently being treated with Continuous Glucose Monitoring linked to an insulin pump, so have no part in the decisions. In this context, over a period of a month, I notice that my daily basal rate varies from 6.7 to 16.7 units, and my bolus for exactly the same carbohydrate each day from 21.3 to 33.6 units. My consultant at the pump clinic said, with a smile, "How could anyone ever expect to predict their insulin requirements?" We live and learn, though 40 years with Type 1 have not given me many clear answers.

I find the speed at which my fast acting insulin works depends upon my blood sugars.
If my levels are in the 4s or 5s, my insulin works immediately so I cannot pre bolus as I would hypo. If my levels are in double figures, the insulin takes an hour to start working so I need to correct an hour before eating.
I mention this because, if your insulin behaves similarly, it may explain why pre bolus and insulin splitting works sometimes and not other.

If you find no other reason, I blame my socks.

I find the speed at which my fast acting insulin works depends upon my blood sugars.
If my levels are in the 4s or 5s, my insulin works immediately so I cannot pre bolus as I would hypo. If my levels are in double figures, the insulin takes an hour to start working so I need to correct an hour before eating.
I mention this because, if your insulin behaves similarly, it may explain why pre bolus and insulin splitting works sometimes and not other.

If you find no other reason, I blame my socks.
Must start paying attention to what socks im wearing. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back