The Hospital - Livers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Girl just on has had liver failure, but thinks it won't affect her? This lot are as bad as the diabetics!

Why is this blonde haired guy laughing???

Turns out a bad haircut is the least of his problems hey?

Girl just on has had liver failure, but thinks it won't affect her? This lot are as bad as the diabetics!

i dont watch them northe .....just one big wind up !
we listening to some howlin'wolf and next up some bob dylan ..aint going to work on maggies farm no more ...! oh the ole hippypunk in me !!!

Is it worse that someone who could otherwise be perfectly healthy is destroying their health, or someone with diabetes is letting it destroy them?

Deep North, very deep......😱

Ive just fallen on the floor- a 14 year old with a fatty liver? This is unbelieveable :(

oh dear oh dear, I haven't recovered from watching last weeks program :( this is just as bad 😱

I feel so sorry for the kiddy- no youngster should 'loose' their childhood and the innocence it brings. Very sad.

Deep North, very deep......😱

Ive just fallen on the floor- a 14 year old with a fatty liver? This is unbelieveable :(

He didn't even look that big! Had he lost weight? Ive been blogging and watching at the same time.

This Doc- the head honcho- doesnt look very old does he?

Aww the kids lost 4 inches. Ive put for inches on today I reckon 😉

Oh bless that youngster, what a darling. At least he takes it seriously. Good on him- he lost some weight and some inches.

Big decisions by this doctor- dont envy any of that.....what a stressful job.

Oh bless that youngster, what a darling. At least he takes it seriously. Good on him- he lost some weight and some inches.

Big decisions by this doctor- dont envy any of that.....what a stressful job.

Yeah good on him. It's a shame his parents didn't feed him healthier when he was younger :(

I could never do that doctor's job 😱

Aww the kids lost 4 inches. Ive put for inches on today I reckon 😉

Felt really sorry for the young lad - the older ones could certainly learn a thing or two from him.

This programme seemed far less intense than the diabetes one - I suppose I have a much greater emotional connection to that one. Also, with the diabetes one, although the kids came across as being pretty clueless I didn't really think that was all down to them as they didn't appear to have been given the education and support they needed. With these liver disease people (especially that girl with the fatty liver disease) They knew how they were harming themselves. Plus, the diabetics had a highly volatile and complex condition to try and understand and control whereas, although not easy to fix, the drinkers and drug users had a problem that was relatively simple to solve.

Not sure that addiction to anything, alcohol, drugs etc is exactly "relatively easy to solve", Northerner. Apparently plenty of people, not only teenagers, don't believe that eating too much, high fat diet, drinking too much alcohol, even though the messages are subjects of public health campaigns.

Not sure that addiction to anything, alcohol, drugs etc is exactly "relatively easy to solve", Northerner. Apparently plenty of people, not only teenagers, don't believe that eating too much, high fat diet, drinking too much alcohol, even though the messages are subjects of public health campaigns.

I know what you mean Lou, I couldn't find how to phrase what I wanted to say properly. :( Still can't really - I'm not saying addictions are easy to solve, but that they are perhaps less complex to understand (depending on the root causes, that is). Diabetes involves so many aspects of your health, physical and mental, that sometimes it's hard to know where to start.

I know what you mean Lou, I couldn't find how to phrase what I wanted to say properly. :( Still can't really - I'm not saying addictions are easy to solve, but that they are perhaps less complex to understand (depending on the root causes, that is). Diabetes involves so many aspects of your health, physical and mental, that sometimes it's hard to know where to start.

I'm Copepod, not Lou!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back