The good, the bad…

Flower

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
A weird few weeks in diabetes land. Good & bad- not sure about the ugly!

The bad
I’ve got a foot ulcer on my heel under my plaster cast :( Thankfully I have enough feeling in my feet to know something was wrong, I’ve been seen 3 times so far to dress it & it’s not infected & hopefully starting to shrink in size. I needed 2 skin grafts on my heel years ago when I first got Charcot foot & the skin is very fragile. A new plaster cast a month back rubbed my heel & the result is an ulcer. Argh

The good
I’ve been trying Lyumjev insulin and it is working so well for me. I cannot believe the difference, I’m 92% in range over the past 3 weeks, no hypos & cannulas are working from the off absorbing insulin. I feel better even though I wasn’t really aware that I felt a bit rough. I’m getting the best results I’ve ever had, using 6 to 8 units less per day for no extra input from me.
I didn’t know I could do diabetes like this!

The perverse nature of diabetes, great results & Time in Range plus a foot ulcer.

Want to give you a "care" emoji for the foot ulcer and "star" for the TIR and a "heart" for you finding that Lyumjev is working better for you than Humalog. Going with a star because that is the most positive and hopefully the ulcer will heal soon and I can give you another star for that.

A bit of a silver lining that the lyumjev is working so well especially after the stress and anxiety of not being able to get vials of Humalog due to shortages. I hope the Lyumjev continues to suit you long term. I am amazed and delighted that the changeover has gone so smoothly for you. I had to battle for months with Fiasp before I figured out how to make it work for me. It works well now, but the changeover was really challenging and frustrating. So very pleased that you didn't experience that as you have more than enough on your plate. Good that something is going your way at last.

🙂:( I needed two emojis too. Glad the Lyumjev's turned up trumps, and hope the ulcer heals asap.

A bit of a silver lining that the lyumjev is working so well especially after the stress and anxiety of not being able to get vials of Humalog due to shortages. I hope the Lyumjev continues to suit you long term. I am amazed and delighted that the changeover has gone so smoothly for you. I had to battle for months with Fiasp before I figured out how to make it work for me. It works well now, but the changeover was really challenging and frustrating. So very pleased that you didn't experience that as you have more than enough on your plate. Good that something is going your way at last.
Thank you! I was desperate to try a faster acting insulin as my cannula changes were awful with my bg shooting up & Humalog seeming to have little effect. I was worried about trying something new & for the first few days kept waiting for things to go awry.

I’m glad you managed to get Fiasp to work for you after a challenging time. Changing insulin is a big thing. I’ve had to reduce my correction ratios & carb ratios as Lyumjev starts working so fast & efficiently. Work to do but good so far.

I want to give you two smilies too @Flower Sorry you’ve got the ulcer (but hopefully it will reduce and heal) and what cheering news about the change of insulin! It must be great to feel it making things easier.

So pleased that the Lyumjev is working so well for you @Flower and leaving you with better cannula sites.
I hope that the ulcer continues to improve, and the improved management with Lyumjev should help a lot with that.

Great news that Lyumjevis doing so well for you.

I’m guessing your sites / infusion sets are a bit happier now with that amazing Time in Range?!

Sorry to hear about the ulcer though :(

Hope it recovers soon!

Phew! The painful foot ulcer I've had on the back of my heel has mended and filled in, I need to keep a dressing on it to protect it under my cast for a while longer.

I am so relieved, I'd convinced myself it was all going to go horribly wrong again & I'd be faced with needing an amputation.

I'm sure using Lyumjev & getting good stable blood glucose has helped so much with the speed of tissue and skin repair and avoidance of infection. I've never mended this quickly with all the circulation and bone destruction in my feet and ankles.
Thankfuly I can carry on using Lyumjev as my insulin of 'choice'! 🙂

So relieved for you and delighted that you feel so much confidence in and benefit from the Lyumjev. Really great news!

Back