The good & bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

indio02

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Was horribly wet yesterday so put on my summer waterproof running jacket. Had to admit it was slightly too big for me. Have been going through my wardrobe this morning and it's depressing to see how many clothes now don't fit since losing weight. Most clothes are XL some 2XL.
I bought a thin fleece jacket yesterday and after trying them on for size bought the medium!

Am happy at the weight loss but it's kinda depressing seeing a pile of clothes that have barely been worn being taken to the charity shop.

Well done on the weight loss. That's a great result!

I would just take the large clothes to the charity shop and someone else will get the use out of them.

And buy new, clothes that will flatter your new you.

Well done on the weight loss.
I know it seems lovely to get new clothes but with the cost of living at the moment, not all of us can afford it.
I wonder if you have had a look at clothes swapping apps like Doppille.

Was horribly wet yesterday so put on my summer waterproof running jacket. Had to admit it was slightly too big for me. Have been going through my wardrobe this morning and it's depressing to see how many clothes now don't fit since losing weight. Most clothes are XL some 2XL.
I bought a thin fleece jacket yesterday and after trying them on for size bought the medium!

Am happy at the weight loss but it's kinda depressing seeing a pile of clothes that have barely been worn being taken to the charity shop.
I wish you lived nearer, some sell online if they are good too. I am not looking to losing weight because of the cost of new clothes either but I will like the benefit when I get to the size n shape I want. The good and the bad eh

Well done...same happened with me, but not due to any effort on my part, weight loss came free with t1.
I kind off found it freeing to get a chance at building a wardrobe from scratch. I did it via second hand shops mainly, so the mistakes i made weren't too expensive. I did try to buy new but really couldn't find much i liked in the shop, and the great thing about 2nd hand is if you decide you don't like it after all you can donate back. Plus, i was thinking i may put the weight back on, butvthat hasn't happened yet

Well done on the weight loss @indio02

Hope you can find some new things to replace the ones that no longer fit. Maybe look in the Charity shops as you drop things off? Especially if you have a posher part of town you can browse in?

Or consider selling any near-new items on Vinted or similar?

Thanks both..... its not really the money more the waste. Just after the pandemic a lot of shops had really good sales to get some money in. I thought if I had some good excersise clothes it would motivate me to lose weight. Unfortunately it didn't so most of it stayed pretty much unused until my T2d in March. THAT definitely got me motivated!
Anyway....

It's not really a waste if they are getting another lease of life at the charity shop :D

I'm more than happy to be bagging up my tents and setting them free :rofl:

I was always in two minds about some things being suitable for the charity shop but I learnt that the Air Ambulance put thing on e-bay if they are likely to fetch more than £25 or for stuff that is not suitable they get money from somebody who collects for making into rags. So still worthwhile.

Well done on the weight loss @indio02

Hope you can find some new things to replace the ones that no longer fit. Maybe look in the Charity shops as you drop things off? Especially if you have a posher part of town you can browse in?

Or consider selling any near-new items on Vinted or similar?
Yes charity shops can be great for this, my husband did this when we was loosing weight, he lost over 8 stone over just over a year. His coat at the end was like a tent compared to his previous size.

Vinted is good or Facebook marketplace actually too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back